The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Good helmet?? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/good-helmet-159937/)

SMMJessee 03-22-2013 01:42 PM

Good helmet??

Hello, i was just wondering if this is a good helmet?
I have this helmet and it was pretty expensive so i dont really want another one haha. I do western but i dont need the helmet for that, i need this helmet for walk trot canter equitation and road hack.

IRH ATH Carbon Fiber Riding Helmet

Also, how do you think i should wear my hair, i have short hair so i was thinking a french braid that is stuck inside a net at the bottom. Thats what i usually do but.. it kinds ugly :( any other ideas?

nickers103 03-22-2013 02:54 PM

I ride with an IRH helmet and I would assume that that helmet would be okay for basic equitation and road hack.

SMMJessee 03-22-2013 03:01 PM

okay great thank you

waresbear 03-22-2013 03:18 PM

For English, my favorite way to keep my hair, which is shoulder length, is to tuck it up under my helmet. I put a pony tail on the top of my head and gel it all up, turn my head upside down and put my helmet on. I think this way looks the neatest, with no stray hairs peeking out, just your head & your face.

SMMJessee 03-22-2013 11:11 PM

Thank you, but I sometimes think that it is because I'm not showing enought hair and to much face haha it makes my face look really....round haha

jinxremoving 03-24-2013 08:44 AM

The IRH ATH is a great helmet, I know a couple of people who ride in it and find it to be super comfortable. Have you considered the IRH Elite line? They look like GPA Speed knock offs. I school in one and it's super, super light and not that hot in the dead of summer.

SMMJessee 03-24-2013 06:18 PM

^^^okay thank you, I will defedently look into it

westernsparkle 04-05-2013 11:46 AM

I've heard lots of good things on the IRHs. For your hair, I ditto the tying your hair into a ponytail and tucking it up underneath your helmet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brenna Lee 04-06-2013 10:59 PM

IRH helmets have had a good reputation on my block...
And for hair, the trend around here is to put it in a low bun with a show bow for EQ, pleasure, and Hunter classes. Tucking it up under the helmet is acceptable as well as long as your helmet is sized for your hair to be under there too. I often see people buy two helmets, one for tucking up under, and the other for having a bun/pony.

Colour my World 08-21-2013 02:25 PM

i personally don't know anyone with that helmet but I assume its good quality because most IRH's are. also the traditional way for an eq rider to wear their hair is in a hairnet. go to your llocal tack shop and find a hair net closest to your color. so the first thing you do is put your hair down. put the hair net over your head and then pull it back . when your hair and net are tight around you haed, put a elastic in. then flip your head upside down and into your helmet.