The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Jumping up to 4ft... Bareback with no hands ^_^ (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/jumping-up-4ft-bareback-no-hands-160289/)

KylieHuitema 03-22-2013 11:31 PM

Jumping up to 4ft... Bareback with no hands ^_^

This is me and my horse from this summer/fall. One day I just decided to go out on him with a hack on and bareback, and jump. Turns out, I have way better eq like this, and he is much happier. (I figured out I balanced on his mouth to much) So critique my ride? (or just admire my beautiful boy XD)

The final height is 4ft. Years ago I bought him as a green trailhorse that could neck rein.. I trained him from there. :)

KylieHuitema 03-22-2013 11:32 PM

Stupid me forgot to post the link XD Here it is!

xJumperx 03-23-2013 12:01 AM

Very good for a bareback ride!! I'd fall off as soon as I THOUGHT about jumping 4'!!! But the one thing I will point out is that you are sitting early. I can't see your heels or leg hardly at all from the shillouette, but I would make sure that you are strong there. That and your core will be what holds you up there.

SMMJessee 03-23-2013 12:32 AM

That's great, you may need to lower it down a wee bit just to practice jumping at the right time you are wee a bit early but looks good

KylieHuitema 03-23-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xJumperx (Post 1998713)
Very good for a bareback ride!! I'd fall off as soon as I THOUGHT about jumping 4'!!! But the one thing I will point out is that you are sitting early. I can't see your heels or leg hardly at all from the shillouette, but I would make sure that you are strong there. That and your core will be what holds you up there.

My trainers have always said to grip with my ankles (or whatever that part is called) and whenever I try to, my horse decides that means go. I was trained as a 4h eq rider, so those trainers always told me to squeeze with my thigh. If I was jumping with a saddle, my toes point down! When I seen pictures from a show with my feet like that, I scolded myself so much for letting my eq go down the drain:-(

PreciousPony 03-23-2013 01:55 PM

It's not really a good video for critiquing (hard to see in black and white). But you look good from what I can see. And your hard work with your horse has really payed off! Good job :)

KylieHuitema 03-23-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PreciousPony (Post 2002345)
It's not really a good video for critiquing (hard to see in black and white). But you look good from what I can see. And your hard work with your horse has really payed off! Good job :)

Thank you so so much! I just like to have it around for all those people with the horses in the 5 digit price range to pull it out and say "My horse was only $600 and he can do this... So why exactly did you spend that much money?"

horselessmom 03-23-2013 06:07 PM

I don't have enough experience to critique, but just wanted to say that it is a beautifully done video :-)

MyBoyPuck 03-23-2013 08:07 PM

Ha! I would have come off at the cross rail! Great job. Very impressive.

waresbear 03-23-2013 08:15 PM

That was a cool video, loved it!
Posted via Mobile Device