The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barrel Racing (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/)
-   -   Barrel Crit(3 Horses) (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/barrel-crit-3-horses-160394/)

ogledrillrider02 03-23-2013 01:52 AM

Barrel Crit(3 Horses)

Horse 1) Misty
Horse 2) Moe

I will post horse 3 when it uploads..

beau159 03-24-2013 04:23 PM

Misty On Barrels(2)
--Whew! Tiny Pattern.
--You were leaning to the inside every so slightly coming into the first barrel. Be careful of that. Keep yourself straight.
--Looks like she turned just a wee bit too soon on the second barrel. (Hard in such a small area) which then caused her to drift out of the second barrel turn. Do not let her drift. Keep straight lines between all the barrels.
--Get some control on that 3rd barrel. Since you came off wide, it was kind of a way wide, crazy 3rd turn. Slow her down if you need, but get yourself a good pocket going into that 3rd turn. Bad habits now are very hard to fix later.

Misty First Day
--First barrel not bad. It'd push her just a hair deeper into the turn.
--Second barrel, she's starting to rate too soon and I could tell you were holding her off to keep her front turning too soon. Doing some reverse arc exercises can help with that.
--Really not too bad! Just some tiny minor things.

Exhibition Run on Misty
--Nice first barrel.
--Push her just a hair deeper on the second, so that she can leave the second barrel properly and NOT drift to the third.
--She took the 3rd barrel nice, despite drifting from the 2nd.

Harrison and Moe
--Dont' have too much to add! Looks pretty good.
--His nose got awful low on the first barrel, but it looked like he maybe stumbled?

ogledrillrider02 03-24-2013 04:29 PM

Thank you for the input, I actually just sold the first horse so I suppose I don't need a critique anymore, but very helpful!:)

Here's the 3rs horse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0AE...e_gdata_player
Posted via Mobile Device

beau159 03-26-2013 12:17 PM

^^^It says the video is private? It won't let me watch it.

ogledrillrider02 03-26-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beau159 (Post 2034394)
^^^It says the video is private? It won't let me watch it.

Okay, try now, it should work.
Posted via Mobile Device

beau159 03-26-2013 04:48 PM

Okay, again, overall not bad!!

1st barrel --> his butt seems to swing around the barrel, versus really digging in. Make sure you use your outside leg (keeping weight in it) to keep him using that hind end.

2nd barrel --> You turned just a tad bit too soon, which caused you to leave the barrel wide. Go into the pocket a little deeper, so that you can finish your turn nice and tight with the second barrel, and head directly toward the 3rd barrel. Do not drift or arch.

3rd barrel --> can't see exactly what happened, as things are small and the back glare is bright. But did he try to turn too soon? He was hopping on his front end like he did. Chances are, since you left the barrel wide, that's what happened. Again, make sure you go deep enough into the turn (do not turn until your leg is in the middle of the barrel, or past the barrel) so that you can finish the turn tight.

Mostly just some minor rider cues that can be fixed! Nothing huge.