The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Speedi-Beet? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/speedi-beet-1604/)

blue._.skyes 04-21-2007 12:10 AM

Speedi-Beet?

Hi guys
I was wondering if anyone uses or has heard of the MMF product Speedi-Beet. I am just wanting some general information about wether it is a good product, as I am thinking of introducing it to my horse feeds. Um... at current our horses are fed rice bran, a grain mix called Easy Rider Cool Mix and chaff twice a day, as well as salt, oil and 1 cup of DCP in their night feeds. When i was looking up some information on the net for an Ag assignment, i discovered that rice bran is THE worst product when it comes to calcium/phosphorus levels. I'd always known it was bad, hence the feeding of the DCP, but I now feel that I need to either do more to correct the balance, or replace rice bran completely. So, yeah. Does anyone use it? Is it a good product? Should I completely remove rice bran for their diets? Any help appreciated!
Skye

Rachluvshorses4eva 04-21-2007 12:15 AM

Nope Never heard of it!

red devil 04-21-2007 03:14 AM

hi i use speedi-beat on my mare to help her gain weight. its the same as sugar beet but it is already cooked so only needs soaking for 10mins instead of the usual 24hours sugar beet needs. ive never liked the thjought of feeding my horses bran unless i need it to get bowl movements going.i swear by speedi-beet and have used it on all my horses.

blue._.skyes 04-21-2007 03:38 AM

Thanks red devil. :) Do you feed the Speedi-Beet with anything else to make it more palitable?

meggymoo 04-21-2007 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red devil
hi i use speedi-beat on my mare to help her gain weight. its the same as sugar beet but it is already cooked so only needs soaking for 10mins instead of the usual 24hours sugar beet needs. ive never liked the thjought of feeding my horses bran unless i need it to get bowl movements going.i swear by speedi-beet and have used it on all my horses.

My two have speedi-beet too. It's good stuff. I normally give my two it with some mix/nuts and some chaff. :D

red devil 04-23-2007 03:24 PM

yeh my horse is on the same apple chaff and mix. she loves the speedi beat and she is a VERY fussy eater. she'll lick it right out the bowl on its own. it tastes nicer than it smells! hope ur horse likes it 2!