The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Horse people of Utah (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/horse-people-utah-161169/)

Jalter 03-24-2013 02:19 PM

Horse people of Utah

I haven't seen a thread like this, so I'll start one. If you live in Utah, regularly visit Utah, or are about to move to Utah, this is the thread for you :P

I am about to move to the Salt Lake City area, and I was wondering if there was anyone else on this forum who lives in the area.
Posted via Mobile Device

tinyliny 03-24-2013 02:58 PM

I don't live there, but my family comes from there, both sides. Utah is one of the most spectaculary beautiful states in the US. I hope you like it there. I know there are some other members from Utah here. Come on , guys!

SaddleStrings 03-24-2013 03:14 PM

I'm a Utah gal! I'm from the Ogden area. Glad you started a Utah thread!

Jalter 03-24-2013 05:09 PM

Im thinking of moving to West Jordan, but my boyfriend and I are still trying to figure out the best area for horses.

Anyone show English (Jumping, dressage, etc) locally in Utah, or do you have to haul your horse a big distance to show?

What are the best boarding centers? I've heard pretty good things about Vista Horse Farms, what do you think?
Posted via Mobile Device

SaddleStrings 03-24-2013 06:34 PM

There is a lot of dressage and hunter jumper barns down around West Jordan. I don't know much about Vista Farms, I think they are an Arabian show barn? Lynnleigh is a gorgeous boarding facility in Sandy, I think. They do both dressage and h/j. You can also check out Rose Ranch which is in West Jordan. They primarily do h/j but I'm sure there are boaders there that do dressage. Good luck!

I'm from the Ogden area, and when I was competing in the h/j scene, I had to travel about 45 minutes to the barn I trained and boarded at. There really isn't much English riding up here in my area. I kind of stick out like a sore thumb in my neighborhood. But I do ride western as well from time to time.

PurpleMonkeyWrench 03-24-2013 07:16 PM

I'm actually preparing to move to Utah (salt lake city as well lol) when my lease is up in 6 months! =)

Jalter 03-24-2013 07:20 PM

I'm graduating high school early (technically I am a junior right now, but I only have 1.5 more credits to go, and I expect to walk with the senior class this year). My boyfriend and I will move there after my 18th birthday in October.

When I get there, I am going to buy myself another horse. It's been a few months since I've sold my horse. I want a horse again so bad, but in this town (Wendover, on the Utah/Nevada border) owning a horse is just a horrible idea. Dont even get me started on that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jalter 03-24-2013 08:58 PM

Anyone know of anyone looking for a working student this spring break? I want some riding lessons, since they are impossible to get in my town. I know how to ride, I'm just looking to look more graceful doing so haha.
Posted via Mobile Device