The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jumping (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/)
-   -   Novice Interested In Jumping (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/novice-interested-jumping-161225/)

HighonEquine 03-24-2013 04:49 PM

Novice Interested In Jumping

Okay, so I know I have a LONG ways to go before I can pursue such feats as Jumping. However I want to know what I need to do to get to that point. I'm interested in bettering myself and my riding. My end goal at this point in my life is to compete in some higher level Jumping (and some Dressage).

My problem: I live in rural Kansas. Holton to be exact, north of Topeka. My former trainer has chosen to cut off all contact. (Very long story, and shall we say petty and very immature.) I do not want to trust my growth and development as a rider to just any yahoo claiming to be a trainer. So how would I go about finding someone of credit and worth? I am very serious about this, I just don't know where to start.

About all I can do at this point is pray God will bless me with a Kungfu Master of horse riding! :lol:

waresbear 03-24-2013 04:58 PM

Well you can get listings from associations that hold shows in your general area. Attend some of those and see who is there and ask around. That is how I found most of my instructors.
Posted via Mobile Device

HighonEquine 03-24-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waresbear (Post 2012705)
Well you can get listings from associations that hold shows in your general area. Attend some of those and see who is there and ask around. That is how I found most of my instructors.
Posted via Mobile Device

I will try this, Thank you1

LynnF 03-25-2013 01:27 AM

Go on the internet and see who is around. Call around and visit a few places, also try and get reviews online or from people who have trained at these places. I agree going to shows and seeing who is around and asking people there is a good idea too!