The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hobbies (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/)
-   -   my hobby (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/my-hobby-16128/)

Painted Ride 10-17-2008 11:33 AM

my hobby

when im not being a barn gal i enjoy to go rock climbing! what about everyone else???

Angel_Leaguer 10-17-2008 11:46 AM

What!!!! there are hobbies outside of horses??? :shock:

Lol,

I like to fish, hunt, trap shoot, 4-wheeler, hang out with friends, and of course horseback riding.

Mike_Admin 10-17-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbenitez (Post 168709)
when im not being a barn gal i enjoy to go rock climbing! what about everyone else???

I love rock climbing! My friends and I go in the mountains near New Paltz, NY. I haven't tackled anything that has required ropes and equipment yet, but maybe one day. :-)

Dumas'_Grrrl 10-17-2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel_Leaguer (Post 168722)
What!!!! there are hobbies outside of horses??? :shock:

Lol,

I like to fish, hunt, trap shoot, 4-wheeler, hang out with friends, and of course horseback riding.

Sounds like we enjoy the very same things. Add in harassing my children and we could be Twinkies!!! :D

Painted Ride 10-17-2008 12:12 PM

i'd rather boulder any day that rope climb. i enjoy the freedom!!! have you ever been to horsepins,al???( what a name huh?) omg its so beautiful. since i do not live where the environment allows fr rock climbers i am bound to a rock climbing gym. ehh..its better than no rock i guess!!! im excited to hear that! oh by the way great idea for the hobbies thread!!

Painted Ride 10-17-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dumas'_Grrrl (Post 168740)
Sounds like we enjoy the very same things. Add in harassing my children and we could be Twinkies!!! :D

thats so funny!!!:D

Mike_Admin 10-17-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbenitez (Post 168742)
i'd rather boulder any day that rope climb. i enjoy the freedom!!! have you ever been to horsepins,al???( what a name huh?) omg its so beautiful. since i do not live where the environment allows fr rock climbers i am bound to a rock climbing gym. ehh..its better than no rock i guess!!! im excited to hear that! oh by the way great idea for the hobbies thread!!

Nope, can't say I've ever been there. While you can't beat hiking to the top of a mountain and looking out at the view, a rock climbing gym is better than nothing! Here I am talking about it as if I do it all the time... truth be told we've only gone a few times, but I love it and wish we could do it more. I will try to find some pictures from the last time we went. I'm with you on free climbing vs. rope climbing, though repelling looks like a lot of fun!

Painted Ride 10-17-2008 01:17 PM

yes repelling does look like fun but it is such a pain to have the rope in your face. i have done it a few times in the gym and each time it drove me nuts...but who knows you may enjoy it. i would love to see some pics!!! unfortunately i have none to post. my camera was taken by katrina so thoes pics are long gone. oh well. i still have my horses!!!woohoo:D

RusticWildFire 10-17-2008 01:31 PM

I have a little hobby farm so I have some sheep, a pet steer, rabbit, cats etc. I am busy in college and working so I don't have a lot of time to do all of these things very often...But nonetheless, I like SKIING!!! and hockey, I basically just really like the outdoors..hiking, camping, sight seeing, OFF ROADING with my BF :)!! 4-wheeling, reading. Thats all I can think of right now.

Painted Ride 10-17-2008 01:41 PM

rustic...what r you in college for? you sure do have your hands full!