The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hobbies (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/)
-   -   Attention Scrapbookers! (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/attention-scrapbookers-16142/)

Moxie 10-17-2008 05:05 PM

Attention Scrapbookers!

How many of you guys here are scrappers? Hello, my name is Bobbi, and I am a scrap booker. lol

I started when I first had Seth, and I successfully scrapped the first year of his life. Now that he's growing so fast, doing more things, and keeping me more occupied, I find it hard to get the last 2 years done.

Even though I haven't finished a page in I don't know how long, or even worked on anything scrapbook related, I still buy and horde all of the scrap booking supplies I can find. It's an illness, I know.

DON'T JUDGE ME! :lol:

Anyway, I'd love to see some layouts, or ideas or anything scrap book related!

3neighs 10-17-2008 05:35 PM

I got into scrapbooking when I pregnant with my first after going to a Creative Memories party and have oodles of albums! However, this past year I discovered Shutterfly and am now doing photo books on there instead. Super easy and so much faster, for me anyway. I have hundreds of dollars of scrapbooking supplies that are just collecting dust now. Believe me, I understand completely how addictive it is. I find myself already planning pages in my mind as I'm taking the pictures!

RusticWildFire 10-17-2008 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My god mother is also a home daycare provider so she provided daycare for me for the first how many ever years of my life. Then when I was old enough (I think it was 12) I started working for her so she had lots of pictures of me needless to say..when my parents were gone I'd stay the night there and I'd go to their hunting camp and on vacations with them and such. Her family is obviously a very important part of my life..

Anyway, On with the story.. She is a Creative Memories consultant. She does SOO much with scrapbooking.. SO for my high school graduation she made me 3 FULL albums and one half full.. The amazing part...she did them in only like 5 weeks. 220 hours of work. I absolutely love them. They are beautiful. One of these days I will take pictures of some of the pages. She is soooo talanted.

I started it and got really addicted. She had some overnight scrapbooking parties at a hotel and stuff where people just worked from 6pm-9am or so. it's a lot of fun. Then I got really busy and like you guys, my mom and I have 100s of dollars of stuff just collecting dust. I REALLY want to get back into it though. Was going to be my project for the summer but didn't get to it..

Excuese the crappiness of the photo. I was sick :(

Small_Town_Girl 10-18-2008 11:23 PM

Guilty! I love to make scrapbook pages, I have a crap load
of supplies for making them....cardstock paper, stickers, borders,
decals, ribbon, buttons, crafting scissors,...you name it!

I won best of show for an individual scrapbook page I made for me
horse riding. :-)

katieandduke 11-02-2008 03:35 PM

do you think it is better to do the scrapbooking yourself or do you prefer shutterfly. i want to start scrapbooking but i saw someone on here talking bout shutterfly..

moomoo 11-12-2008 03:54 PM

My best friend has made me two Misty keepsakes :D I will get a pic a little later, then this year I am doing it for the first time for a different friend :D I will post that as a work in progress :D

3neighs 11-13-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

do you think it is better to do the scrapbooking yourself or do you prefer shutterfly. i want to start scrapbooking but i saw someone on here talking bout shutterfly..
I prefer the Shutterfly books, but with scrapbooking you can definitely make it more personal. Over the years I seem to have less patience to cut photos and paper and make intricate little embellishments on the pages. It's so much easier to just upload your photos and drag and drop them in place. The books turn out really great, too. They can be expensive depending on what size, but I figure I'd probably spend that on supplies and albums anyway.

moomoo 12-14-2008 05:46 PM

I have nearly finished the scrapbook for my friend! I will post some photos tomorrow :D

appy rider 4 life 12-16-2008 10:39 AM

I love scrap booking, i am working on my horse on right now. !

moomoo 12-16-2008 01:51 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Here is the scrapbook i have done for my friend :D I think I will do a Misty one for myself :-P enjoy and feedback :-)