The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Reining (http://www.horseforum.com/reining/)
-   -   Ranch reining pattern (http://www.horseforum.com/reining/ranch-reining-pattern-161457/)

Muppetgirl 03-24-2013 09:54 PM

Ranch reining pattern

Ok....I asked another forum member if they could explain this 'stop' in this Ranch reining pattern, but I haven't heard back and am keen to know what it means!

Another member posted another similar question a while back about a 'square' stop.

This pattern requires a 'stop' at centre and a 'stop' ten foot from the wall on each side.....I'm curious as to what kind of 'stop' they're asking for, a slide or a square stop, like a cutting stop???? These are the patterns, they are through the ARHA:

http://www.reiningalberta.net/assets...20Patterns.pdf

WSArabians 03-25-2013 01:16 AM

Are you talking about step 6 in the first pattern?

They're asking you to stay 10 feet off the wall, do a sliding stop, pause, do a roll back, and lope off.

And if you do a show, I better get lots of notice so I can go!!

Muppetgirl 03-25-2013 01:17 AM

Ok good! How about the stopping at centre???? After the lope circles?

Oh yeah you'll get plenty of notice.....I need a groom!!!! Hahahaha ha!

WSArabians 03-25-2013 01:28 AM

Center stops are hard stops, but not a sliding stop. They keep those for the sides so you can get enough speed to go behind it.

We need pictures of your boy! Tiff says she wants to see Remy's bro! :-D

And I'm so down for being a groom!!

Muppetgirl 03-25-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSArabians (Post 2017650)
Center stops are hard stops, but not a sliding stop. They keep those for the sides so you can get enough speed to go behind it.

We need pictures of your boy! Tiff says she wants to see Remy's bro! :-D

And I'm so down for being a groom!!

Oh....hard stops.....ICK!!! Haha! Just emailed pics to ya;)

Ya just come hold my hand....or the puke bucket, and maybe keep my hair out of the way:lol:

WSArabians 03-25-2013 01:43 AM

So what, I gotta post them.for you?! LOL
Im actually crrently locked out of my account due to a.hacker. :-|

I'll hold your hair back but no puke bucket because if you spray me I'd throw it on you. :lol:

Muppetgirl 03-25-2013 01:45 AM

Oh gee did you forget your answers to your secret questions too???? Hahaha! I got hacked a few weeks ago and couldn't get not my account because I'd forgotten my secret question answers......oooops!

WSArabians 03-25-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muppetgirl (Post 2017785)
Oh gee did you forget your answers to your secret questions too???? Hahaha! I got hacked a few weeks ago and couldn't get not my account because I'd forgotten my secret question answers......oooops!

I didn't forget it!
It got changed too "what is your first childs nickname?".
Uhh... I'm childless... :/ LOL

Muppetgirl 03-25-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSArabians (Post 2017881)
I didn't forget it!
It got changed too "what is your first childs nickname?".
Uhh... I'm childless... :/ LOL

Oh gee! Haha I was too careful, I didn't answer my secret questions with the exact answer, I made stuff up thinking I would remember......it took being locked out five times before I got the first answer right!!!!

COWCHICK77 03-25-2013 10:29 PM

50 Attachment(s)
Usually in the ranch horse classes, and it depends on the association, they will actually ask for a sliding stop. So if the pattern asks for just a stop, you do not have to do a sliding stop.

They also ask for the huge distance off the wall because a ranch horse shouldn't need to be guided by following a fence/arena wall.

Just a note, some ranch horse shows I have been to didn't use the arena, but just set up cones in a open field to simulate more of a open area. If you have questions, don't hesitate to contact the association and I have talked/asked the judges questions before a show.

You better take video! I'm too far away to come watch otherwise WS could hold your hair, I would hold the bucket and then we would drink a LOT of Molson and be your cheering section...LOL!