The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   5 yr ols Quarab Critique? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/5-yr-ols-quarab-critique-161634/)

Wheatermay 03-25-2013 12:18 AM

5 yr ols Quarab Critique?

1 Attachment(s)
This is my soon to be 5 yr old quarab. She's 1/4 arab and 3/4 QH. 16H tall. Still in full winter coat and a little dirty sorry! Be kind! But I think she's built nice! I am interested in entering her in local halter class shows. I barrel race her mostly, and trails. But the barrels are local shows for fun.And I trimmed her fronts up a little, but not her back feet. Farrier not due for another two weeks.

Poseidon 03-25-2013 12:24 AM

First of all, I can tell you that he's not all QH in there. It would have to be Paint. Tobiano does not exist in QHs.

Other than that, he doesn't look bad, IMO. The few Arab/stock horse crosses I've seen have looked pretty nice. The biggest thing glaring at me is that his head and neck appear just kind of large for the rest of his body. I'm not big into conformation critiquing though, so you'll have to wait for those gurus.

Wheatermay 03-25-2013 12:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poseidon (Post 2017618)
First of all, I can tell you that he's not all QH in there. It would have to be Paint. Tobiano does not exist in QHs.

Yea, she is a paint actually! Poseidon u are a genius of colors! LOL! Hope you are well! Hey would it be better to call her an arab paint instead?

I was looking at a few other shot.... Does she have a magical shrinking and growing head? lol... Need to stop giving her so many compliments! LOL I'm nervous here! She's my girl!

Poseidon 03-25-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheatermay (Post 2017666)
Yea, she is a paint actually! Poseidon u are a genius of colors! LOL! Hope you are well! Hey would it be better to call her an arab paint instead?

I would. Or just a pinto since she is not registered APHA. But since I'm guessing she is actually descended from Paint Horse breeding, saying Arab/Paint would be acceptable.

Wheatermay 03-25-2013 12:49 AM

Ok thanks! When I just say paint, and then see her high head carriage, they think she's fighting the bit, or being a butt! I have to add the arab I think, lol...

Poseidon 03-25-2013 12:50 AM

Oh yes. You can definitely see the Arab in her hind end, IMO.

Wheatermay 03-25-2013 12:54 AM

Her father was double registered. And her mother was registered paint. But he said she was quarter (the mother). I never got the papers from the previous owner. I was going to pick them up with my gelding when he was ready to wean, but they had a fire and lost the entire house... they were getting out of breeding, and gelded their stallion. They cant remember his registered name either! I was trying to get papers on her, but it's not looking good, but it doesnt break my heart, lol... Bc I'm not going to breed her.

She used to be pretty thick in the back end compared to my friends QH's but now they are wider lol...

Wheatermay 03-25-2013 01:02 AM

I'm guessing from looking at others that I probably shouldnt have posted pictures until I got her back into shape. She hasnt been rode for a few months.... She's not in peak condition, lol....

Poseidon 03-25-2013 01:12 AM

I'm confused. What was the sire double registered as?

tinyliny 03-25-2013 01:18 AM

she's got mascara eyes!