The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Mother nature, I am not amused. (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/mother-nature-i-am-not-amused-161737/)

MHFoundation Quarters 03-25-2013 09:19 AM

Mother nature, I am not amused.

4 Attachment(s)
Ahhh, spring. Should be seeing the grass start to get green, listening to the birds, shedding the carhartts...but instead I woke up to this. 9 inches of snow overnight and it's still coming.

The mudroom door (on the side of the house out of the wind, so actual depth)
Attachment 138217
Deck
Attachment 138225
The lilac bush does look kind of pretty though.
Attachment 138233
My driveway is somewhere by the fence. Thinking about not plowing it, don't have anywhere I have to go and that would mean a monday with no visitors. Hmmm.
Attachment 138241

gypsygirl 03-25-2013 09:24 AM

the first day of spring it was 5 degrees here =[

equiniphile 03-25-2013 09:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My view this morning....

MHFoundation Quarters 03-25-2013 09:26 AM

It's not right ladies. I'm ready for winter to be over!

Someone here *cough me cough* decided she needed a new range in the kitchen and bought DD a new horse instead of renting the spring break beach house. Boy am I kicking myself in the butt for that this morning. Sigh.

Horsecrazy4 03-25-2013 09:30 AM

I feel ya.. We got about 3 inches and kids are on spring break plan was to ride all week.. Darn Mother Nature.. Now what's crazy my hubby ( phly) works 20 min away from home there's no SNOW.. Not fair lol
Posted via Mobile Device

MHFoundation Quarters 03-25-2013 09:35 AM

You must be north of me HC. Lucky! We got hit with the heavy band here. DH took the week off since DD is out on spring break, looks like they will be sledding on our 'staycation'.

Even worse than the snow is the mud that it will bring when it warms back up with the 40 & 50 degree temps the rest of the week. But I guess at least it will feel like spring slogging through mud.

equiniphile 03-25-2013 09:37 AM

As much as the slush and mud ticks me off, at least the snow alludes to a good hay season :-)

Jake and Dai 03-25-2013 09:38 AM

I heard on the news this morning that Indiana got hit bad. DH is driving back from Cincinatti, just left about 20 minutes ago.

We're supposed to get 2-6 inches. I'm not very amused either. If you could see my face, I look just like Grumpy Cat!

Horsecrazy4 03-25-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHFoundation Quarters (Post 2019105)
You must be north of me HC. Lucky! We got hit with the heavy band here. DH took the week off since DD is out on spring break, looks like they will be sledding on our 'staycation'.

Even worse than the snow is the mud that it will bring when it warms back up with the 40 & 50 degree temps the rest of the week. But I guess at least it will feel like spring slogging through mud.

I think we r :) we r 20 min south of south bend ( Norte dame).. I seen in news Indy got hit with 10 inches :( and not gonna stop till Thursday grrrrrr.. But then supposed to be in the high 40s-50s by this weekend I hope it stays that way :)
Posted via Mobile Device

MHFoundation Quarters 03-25-2013 09:49 AM

Yep, definitely north of us (Go Irish!). I'm pretty close to Lafayette. I can't imagine the mess in Indy with that much snow. I used to commute back & forth when I still had a "real job" at the investment firm (horses doesn't count as a real job according to DH). I bet it's a real treat to get downtown lol.

Temps look great the rest of the week, I am so ready for it. Good point about hay Sage, I'm really excited at the thought of having normal lush pastures after last year. First time I've ever had to feed hay through the summer.