The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Stallions and Broodmares (http://www.horseforum.com/stallions-broodmares/)
-   -   if anyone needs new broodmares... (http://www.horseforum.com/stallions-broodmares/if-anyone-needs-new-broodmares-161777/)

horsesgs 03-25-2013 09:43 AM

if anyone needs new broodmares...

If you guys want cheap ($500 obo) broodmares go to the horses for sale area on here. i have 3 up for grabs in Missouri and a Filly too. all quarter horses. the filly is older now (about 1 or 1 1/2). i'm selling for a friend
thanks!

Bellasmom 04-04-2013 08:24 AM

Better pictures would go a long way in helping sell these horses. The currently posted pictures are not flattering (though I rather like the look of the brown/black mare). Also, the two paints are listed as "Quarter Horse" under breed & also as registered.....should probably fix that, I'm assuming they are registered Paints? That being said, it's a shame that these mares are not broke....people are not exactly lining up to buy mediocre broodmares in their teens.

NBEventer 04-04-2013 08:39 AM

Advertising as broodmares with no conformation shots, no blood lines listed and their feet in a mess...

Speed Racer 04-04-2013 09:01 AM

Pish, dey doan need all dat when dere jus' gone bee used ta pop out babbies, NB! :-x

$500 broodmares? Totes high quality there. :?

nrhareiner 04-05-2013 05:14 PM

Broodmare and $500 does not go together. If the horse is only worth $500 sell it as a saddle horse not a broodmare. I would not even look at a $500 broodmare. The stud fees are higher then that for a quality stallion. Then to only sell a foal for a few hundred. Not worth the work or the risk.

Take these mares brake them out and sell them as started horses. Forget about them as broodmares.

NBEventer 04-05-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrhareiner (Post 2138874)
Broodmare and $500 does not go together. If the horse is only worth $500 sell it as a saddle horse not a broodmare. I would not even look at a $500 broodmare. The stud fees are higher then that for a quality stallion. Then to only sell a foal for a few hundred. Not worth the work or the risk.

Take these mares brake them out and sell them as started horses. Forget about them as broodmares.

^^^^ What she said.

WSArabians 04-05-2013 05:41 PM

Depends. I got a $250 broodmare (will be saddle mare this summer) by a show breeder who "culled" her because of a scar that deemed her unshowable.
Has nothing to do with her producing abilities, however.

Not saying that's the case here, but price tags aren't ALWAYS reflective of quality.

MsBHavin 04-05-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSArabians (Post 2139154)
Depends. I got a $250 broodmare (will be saddle mare this summer) by a show breeder who "culled" her because of a scar that deemed her unshowable.

Not saying that's the case here, but price tags aren't ALWAYS reflective of quality.

Except you're doing it the right way, not just buying cheap crap horses and breeding them because you can ;) There is much to be said about the majority of people who claim to be 'breeders'.

Muppetgirl 04-05-2013 08:00 PM

Where are the photos????

Druydess 04-05-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSArabians (Post 2139154)

Well said. I also have obtained quality horses for little or no money due to unforeseen/tragic circumstances. Greasing a palm doesn't dictate the value of a horse. :wink: