The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   Short Video Of Bareback Bridless (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/short-video-bareback-bridless-16183/)

Abby 10-18-2008 09:55 AM

Short Video Of Bareback Bridless

I've been doing A LOT of work with my boy Lucky and I've been doing a lot of bareback and bridless riding with him, and I finally found him safe enough to take out in the pasture. So far its been round pen and arena work only, but I decided to try him in the pasture because I felt he was ready. The video is super short because my dad was getting bored, but I'm so happy that he was actually responding to me, that I don't care. The only thing he did wrong was take a few extra steps after I told him to "Woah" and you can see that at the end.

CLICK

SonnyWimps 10-18-2008 07:48 PM

that's great!!! I haven't tired doing that with Sonny in the pasture with other horses...well with all the horses just because some of the horses are mean and will chase him :(

You two look great together! congrats!

crackrider 10-20-2008 07:38 AM

Wow! I'm not game enough to do that on any of the horses I ride!!

Abby 10-21-2008 05:26 PM

I am really starting to trust him probably more than I should. :wink:

Lucky is a good boy and seems to know what I want before I ask it. Really want to work more with him, I am so excited I can get him to do circles, I just started to get him to back up without a bridle just by saying "Back" and leaning back, he's getting the idea real quick I'm proud.

Joshie 10-21-2008 10:23 PM

We're having fun doing the same with Joshua. It's a lot of fun to have that type of control, isn't it?

Abby 10-22-2008 09:40 PM

It is. Its nice to know that my horse is listening to me because he wants to, not because he feels that if he doesn't, I'm going to pull on his mouth or nose.