The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Parenting (http://www.horseforum.com/parenting/)
-   -   Easter hunt for BIG kids (http://www.horseforum.com/parenting/easter-hunt-big-kids-162137/)

NorthernMama 03-25-2013 05:12 PM

Easter hunt for BIG kids

Well, my adult son and teenage son have informed me that they want an easter egg hunt yet again this year. :shock:

I have armed myself with bigger and better goodies, but they are going to have to work harder and longer to find them. I want to put the candy in the bush (in the trees because we still have lots of snow), but how can I make clues for them to find them? I figure I would place them over about 25 acres. "Go to the third tree on the path to the big rock" ??? huh??? we don't have names for our trails. I was thinking of using GPS co-ordinates, but we only have one GPS unit so they'd have to work together, so if I do that, how do I ensure they actually do it together? Yes, there is still that sibling rivalary going on.

I also need an idea of how to wrap them so the animals won't get at them. I was thinking of aluminum foil and if it's cloudy it won't make them too easy to find.

Muppetgirl 03-25-2013 05:14 PM

Your adult sons??? Darn you must e given them a great childhood if they still want to go Easter egg hunting!!! :lol:

tinyliny 03-25-2013 05:16 PM

Have them make one for YOU!

NorthernMama 03-25-2013 05:18 PM

To Muppet Girl: It's odd for sure. This weekend they want an easter egg hunt and on the May 2-4 weekend (Victoria Day in Canada), the oldest says maybe I could go away for the weekend party because then all his friends will want to come out here and party with us all the time. Apparently I'm too much fun???? Wow.

It sure does make me feel good though that our kids still like to be around us. We've worked hard at it, and I guess we did it. The next hurdle will be D-I-L's!

Tiny -- I have no desire to go on an Easter hunt... Well, unless it's for Grey Goose....

OutOfTheLoop 03-25-2013 08:32 PM

My grandparents still have an easter egg hunt for us. My fiance is 33, I am 28, sister is 27, brother is 27, cousin who's 26, and youngest cousin is 20, and my daughter is 5. We still hunt those eggs like we are all my daughter's age. It gets video taped every year, and there have been some knock downs, elbows thrown, and what not over those eggs!
Posted via Mobile Device

Maple 03-26-2013 05:43 AM

By the sounds of it.. I wanna come too!! :) lol!

NorthernMama 03-26-2013 01:17 PM

OUtoftheLoop - what do your grandparents set up for you? Sounds like just what I need here -- a little wrestling will go over well! :)

OutOfTheLoop 03-26-2013 07:14 PM

They just hide them, sometimes you have to dig in the old shed, they might be up in a tree you have to climd, in the bushes.in the corners of pcp pipe. A few years ago I rolled ny x sil down a hill lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Delfina 03-26-2013 07:58 PM

Put something good like a $20 bill in ONE egg..... betcha they'll be fighting tooth and nail over those eggs!

wetrain17 03-27-2013 10:37 AM

I wouldn't mind going on an Easter egg hunt, as long it was a little more adult. Could be a fun time. Hmmm the big treasure would be finding the "Easter bunny" at the end.