The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   I got a horsey promotion! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/i-got-horsey-promotion-162153/)

aerie 03-25-2013 05:15 PM

I got a horsey promotion!

Soooo if y'all don't know I work at a summer camp as a wrangler/barn staff. I basically help care for about 30 animals (horses, chickens, and goats), give basic riding lessons to campers, give trail rides, and do the usual camp counselor thing while being around horses for the WHOLE summer. It is the most amazing job I have ever had and I feel incredibly blessed. Now this winter my friend and the current barn manger graduated from college and got a full time big girl job, so when I went to go re-apply to camp my boss called and offered ME the position of barn manager!!!!

I am so excited you guys!!! It is a significant pay raise, I am in complete charge of the barn, and I get to help hire new wranglers!!! Every one of my non horsey friends that I tell laughs because they think it sounds like a silly position, but I just had to come on here and gush a little bit because I know you guys will understand why I am so excited!!!

I am sure that I will have tons of questions in the upcoming months as I transition from barn staff to barn manager, and I promise lots of pictures of our gumpy camp horses. They are not always the prettiest looking guys, but they are all reliable ;-)

countrylove 03-25-2013 05:17 PM

Congratulations!!
Posted via Mobile Device

nvr2many 03-25-2013 05:21 PM

That is awesome! I would be excited too!

NorthernMama 03-25-2013 05:21 PM

Yay! Congrats!

LexusK 03-25-2013 09:18 PM

Congratulations, that's quite an offer! I hope you enjoy it just as much as you enjoyed your previous position :)

Serenity616 03-25-2013 09:31 PM

Congratulations! Hard work pays off! :) Enjoy your new position! It sounds AMAZING!!!!

HorseCrazyTeen 03-25-2013 11:00 PM

Wow! I'm so happy for you. :)

LValentina 03-25-2013 11:13 PM

Congrats! I held that position at a ranch camp this last summer after being a guide for a year, and a counsellor/barn assistant before that. It was an amazing experience - very hectic, sometimes hard to deal with, but very fulfilling.

loveduffy 03-25-2013 11:18 PM

from one barn manager to other congrats on your raise, you are now the boss

Cacowgirl 03-26-2013 12:11 PM

That is great news! Happy for you-hope you have a wonderful, fulfilling summer.