The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Best grooming tool?? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/best-grooming-tool-162161/)

Haflingerluver 03-25-2013 05:24 PM

Best grooming tool??

Ok, well my big Haffy is starting to shed and he's starting to shed horribly! And I ride bareback and its soo itchy on the legs lol, but what's the best grooming tool? Prefer not to expensive and what online website is the best with horse grooming supplies? Thanks

ArabianGrace 03-25-2013 05:49 PM

I like the shed monster.

Haflingerluver 03-25-2013 05:51 PM

Ok, I will look

tiffrmcoy 03-25-2013 05:54 PM

I love my rubber curry comb it works VERY well and super easy to clean. I purchased a grooming kit from:

Roma 7-Piece Deluxe Grooming Kit

It's very inexpensive I've had mine for 3yrs and all the grooming supplies are still in great condition also Horse Supplies | Horse Tack & Horse Equipment - Horse.com has great prices for grooming supplies.

jinxremoving 03-25-2013 05:58 PM

A big rubber curry comb + large shedding blade = <3

equiniphile 03-25-2013 06:02 PM

Good old fashioned shedding blade. I spent an hour of quality time with mine and my gelding this afternoon!

Poseidon 03-25-2013 06:07 PM

I prefer shedding blades, but I know people who swear by those little black shedding blocks, which if you're looking at a tack store are going to be pricey and they wear down with use (and doesn't take much to go through an entire one). However, if you have a restaurant supply store near you, ask if they have grill blocks. They're the same thing, just bigger so you'll have to break off chunks but it'll be a fraction of the price.

waresbear 03-25-2013 06:28 PM

I have bought and used every shedding tool known to man, the best one so far has been this
SleekEZ &mdash; Welcome

tbcrazy 03-25-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waresbear (Post 2026633)
I have bought and used every shedding tool known to man, the best one so far has been this
SleekEZ &mdash; Welcome

Love those! A friend of mine made a homemade version of something very similar around 10 years ago. Simple, and effective. I have to hide mine in the spring 'cause it will wander right out of my grooming bucket...

jinxremoving 03-25-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waresbear (Post 2026633)
SleekEZ &mdash; Welcome

Ahh Karen! That's what it is. I saw a girl the other day at the barn with one and couldn't figure out what she was using. I wonder if GreenHawk sells one, LOL, just kidding... we know the answer to that.