The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Nutrition (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-nutrition/)
-   -   messed up good.. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-nutrition/messed-up-good-162337/)

speidel 03-25-2013 10:52 PM

messed up good..

dont ask how but my keys to my horses food are over 200 miles from me the persoson who has the spare left his copy in his car witch is in las veges and my husbands copy is whith him.
I wasnt abil find anyone who is willing to sell me hay today, what i have at my house is 100 lbs alfalfa pellets/grain and beet pulb that i feed with her hay. i need to know how much i can give her (alfalfa pellets-wet) i can safly give her to make up for no hay. I am hoping tomorow i can drive over and pick a half ton alfa/grass mix in wells.

deserthorsewoman 03-25-2013 10:58 PM

As much alfalfa pellets dry weight as you would give hay. Take some off and replace with the same dry weight beet pulp. No extra grain. Try to give in a few smaller meals, not all at once. All soaked, of course.
She'll probably think she's in heaven:-)

speidel 03-25-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deserthorsewoman (Post 2029857)
As much alfalfa pellets dry weight as you would give hay. Take some off and replace with the same dry weight beet pulp. No extra grain. Try to give in a few smaller meals, not all at once. All soaked, of course.
She'll probably think she's in heaven:-)

thanks this is a first... and i wasnt sure

DancingArabian 03-25-2013 11:13 PM

Call the locksmith!

speidel 03-25-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DancingArabian (Post 2030049)
Call the locksmith!

i live in wqendover there is no such thing hear and because i use a storage locer lock i just cant cut it off

waresbear 03-25-2013 11:35 PM

I have feed hay cubes & beet pulp and no hay for a two day horse show once as someone forgot the hay (me:oops:). Unloading at the showgrounds, settled the horses into their stalls, um, no hay. No hay for sale at the grounds, so had to make a mad dash to the feedstore, no hay there either, so the cubes & the beet pulp worked just fine.

JoesMom 03-26-2013 12:04 AM

Locksmith West Wendover, Nevada (888) 651-2122 locksmiths in West Wendover locksmiths services

yellowpages.kstp.com/ace+west+wendover+locksmith.9.12055

There are at least two in Wendover, Nevada

FlyGap 03-26-2013 12:58 AM

Got a hammer? Are the hinges on the outside of the door? LOL! Too bad I'm not closer, there ain't a lock I can't pick, LOL!!
Posted via Mobile Device

alexischristina 03-26-2013 01:02 AM

I don't like the excuse 'well I'm in 'x' there aren't any 'y & z'. Just because you don't know about them doesn't mean they aren't there, especially in smaller communities some local folks don't have the advertising resources. Do a google search, post on Craigslist or local forums, talk to shop owners and find someone to get you into your feed, unless you can get your key in a day or two and can just suck it up and use other sources until then.
Bearing in mind that horses who aren't used to alfalfa etc. might not fare well on it, especially getting it in high quantities.

EDIT: and you never know, you might have your own FlyGap in the area who can pick it for you :lol: