The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   omg pooooor horsey (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/omg-pooooor-horsey-16253/)

SonnyWimps 10-19-2008 08:44 PM

omg pooooor horsey

There's a nice black WB (I believe he's a Canadian WB cross actually...he kinda looks like M2Gs Colbalt but in stockier form) at the barn where I board, and he is literally ALWAYS lame. I have NEVER seen or heard of him when he isn't.

Well today his owner brought him out into the arena when me and a friend was riding. He was all tacked up and everything. At first we thought that he possibly wasn't lame so we were happy. Then she started lunging him, and well...he WAS SEVERELY lame. It was his right front leg and you could tell even from the walk. Well not only was she lunging him when he was lame over and over again...but she was constantly saying "trot!" and he was already trotting.
Well anyways we thought that she was possibly seeing what leg or what not, and might not have had a good eye to tell which leg. But then she brought him over to the mounting block (well mounting bucket lol) and got on. :shock:

Well, walked him around for a while and all was good but he was still ouchy. Then she kept saying "awww ___________ (name here lol) you are so lame....lame lame lame...why are you so lame?".
Then she switched.....the lady that was with her started riding him.
Well she trotted him for a while and even took him over a jump :shock::shock:

Needless to say me and my friend were both watching with an "OMG are you kidding me?!?! That horse is lame!" look on our face.

And she wonders why her horse is always lame.......

Poor horsey :( I feel so bad for him. He is defiantely one of the nicest horses at the barn. He'll come up to you in the pasture and give you lovings. It's sooo sad to see his owner riding him when he's obviously in pain.

travlingypsy 10-19-2008 08:53 PM

OMG has the vet been out to see him? Do they have him on anything? That poor horse... people can be so lame!

SonnyWimps 10-19-2008 08:55 PM

the vet has been out but not sure when. He gets monthly injections because of arthritis (but I don't believe that's the cause of the lameness). He's getting something once a week but not sure what. Something for the lameness but it sure ain't working.

I know some people are so lame!

farmpony84 10-19-2008 10:00 PM

I know I said I'd never follow your posts again... but I just love you too much!!!!!

That is terrible! The poor guy. I wonder what his issue is...:sad:

SonnyWimps 10-19-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmpony84 (Post 170115)
I know I said I'd never follow your posts again... but I just love you too much!!!!!

That is terrible! The poor guy. I wonder what his issue is...:sad:

*hugs* :)

I don't know what his issue is...I know nothing on his previous life, what his job was or anything. He's a WB so I'm taking it was either jumping or dressage, which I guess can be hard on the legs.
I know his owner loves him and wants the best for him, at times I just wish she'd use common sense

appylover31803 10-19-2008 11:00 PM

OMG that's horrible! Poor boy!

I'm guessing he's an older guy (if you think he previously did jumping or dressage)

give him lots of lovings and carrots when you see him... maybe even spray paint him like Sonny and then give Sonny II to Farmpony:D

Can you mention something to her or to your BO and say that you were just concerned?

SonnyWimps 10-19-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by appylover31803 (Post 170166)
OMG that's horrible! Poor boy!

I'm guessing he's an older guy (if you think he previously did jumping or dressage)

give him lots of lovings and carrots when you see him... maybe even spray paint him like Sonny and then give Sonny II to Farmpony:D

Can you mention something to her or to your BO and say that you were just concerned?

I think he's 16 maybe. Not positive really

Oh I always give him treats and hugs cause he's always the first to say hi to me in the pasture (and Sonny is the last one :sad: lol)
Hehe...well, if you know a good paint that can change black to brown, I'm sure FP would love him! hehe (unless I decide to keep him for myself!! lol)

I don't know the lady well enough really to mention anything, I mean I know I should, but how would I particually say it. She probably won't take me seriously. If she thinks it's alright to ride a lame horse, do you think she'll honestly listen to an 18 year old? (she's ALOT older than I am)
And the BO already knows but I don't know. I know she's said things to her, but from what I've seen of her she's pretty stuck in her ways

appylover31803 10-20-2008 01:53 AM

It always sounds easier to just mention something to someone than it really is.

Maybe write it in a card and say it's from anonymous :)
You have to be really messed up to realize a horse is lame and then continue to work/ride it.

I hope that he can get better though. Can't be any fun being lame all the time :(

farmpony84 10-20-2008 11:12 AM

I have a friend that bought an awesome horse, trained to the hilt (western pleasure) out of Zips Chocolate Chip. She bought him from some dishonost people that KNEW he was lame. They had given him some kind of temporary drug so for a month or two he was sound. Then went lame. Turns out he had a suspensory injury. (those don't really heal) and the lady kept trying every kind of medical treatment known to man from acupuncture to drugs to shots... and she'd bring him to the shows all excited because she just knew he was sound, and he wasnt. She tried shoes and all sorts of stuff... sometimes people just WANT them to get better, and they just can't... very sad...

SonnyWimps 10-20-2008 03:28 PM

it is sad. I don't know how much she has done to find out what is wrong with him...but he's always lame and nothing seems to work...so it probably is something that will never get better.