The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hobbies (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/)
-   -   Has anyone bought sewing patterns from here? (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/has-anyone-bought-sewing-patterns-here-162706/)

faiza425 03-26-2013 02:21 PM

Has anyone bought sewing patterns from here?

SuitAbility.com

If you've purchased patterns from this site, how were they? I just wanted a few opinions before buying any of them.

dlpark2 03-26-2013 02:29 PM

I haven't yet, but have looked at them several times. They are the only place I can find that sells horse related patterns, which is a shame because so many things seem simple to make.

zookeeper1991 03-26-2013 02:59 PM

I just bought the pattern for the English style-breeches and shirt. The pattern arrived pretty quickly and I have the pattern pieces cut out but I have not bought my fabric yet. I know other people on here have gotten these patterns and have made some of them. I can't wait to get started!

Muppetgirl 03-26-2013 03:03 PM

Yup I've bought them and used them to make western shirts for my friends, and just added bling!
I found the patterns easy to use, and I made my own copies of each size by tracing the original pattern onto some heavier pattern making fabric, I did this before I cut the pattern, just so I could have all the sizes:)

xxdanioo 03-26-2013 03:30 PM

My mom bought them for my grandma to sew. She has made a slinky for us so far.

busysmurf 03-26-2013 03:42 PM

I use them all the time, and really like them. I would suggest creating your own copy of the pattern & not cutting up the original.

Another thing to keep an eye on is the sizing, I've found the patterns run a little small.

Muppetgirl 03-26-2013 04:56 PM

Also, be patient when sewing the slinky.....stretchy fabric has a knack to it that can really impede a novice who is learning to sew! Also learn about fabric grains! Personal experience!:evil:

faiza425 03-26-2013 05:56 PM

Thanks for your help guys! Just wanted to make sure they weren't too good to be true :) I've always wanted to sew my own breeches with a fun pattern, so here goes!