The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Which saddle is better! Need opinions please. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/saddle-better-need-opinions-please-162938/)

fkcb1988 03-26-2013 08:15 PM

Which saddle is better! Need opinions please.

There are two saddles that I am looking at. I was wondering what yalls take on the two of them are and which one would be a better buy or if neither would be worth the money.

This one I'm liking more.
15" 16" 17" American Saddlery Hoss High Roper Saddle am1635

This is my second choice.
Roping Saddles for Sale|Circle S Top Grain Roper

Thanks for yalls input :)

garlicbunny 03-26-2013 08:23 PM

I'm no expert but I would go with American Sadderly...whoosh..did you see the weight of those saddles? Some days I can hardly lift my almost 30 lb saddle! The length is also shorter on the Am Saddle which matters if your horses back is a bit short. In the end it is the one that fits your horse that matters the most. Good Luck

fkcb1988 03-26-2013 10:50 PM

Is American Saddlery a good brand? Ive heard of them but don't know details. I really like the look of it and the prices is good too. I have no idea about Circle S. Ive realized there are a heck of a lot Circle _?___ names. Circle XYZ.

SouthernTrails 03-27-2013 06:56 AM

The American Saddlery one is 5 times better and it is made in America, the other is from India :wink:

garlicbunny 03-27-2013 07:00 AM

I am surprised no one else posted yet. I am no expert but recently there was a post about someone asking about Am Saddlerly and another brand, don't remember what the other brand was but was not a US product. Whoever posted said American Sad.. wasn't too bad and was made in the US. Do a search in the search box and see what you can find.
Don't know anything about Circle S and you could do a search on that as well.

garlicbunny 03-27-2013 07:05 AM

You can look on Tack reviews also.

Saddlebag 03-27-2013 07:26 AM

The saddle you needs depends on what you plan on roping. Good roping saddles have a rawhide covered tree but will cost $2500-3700 new. A roper need to be able to take the stresses of roping.

fkcb1988 03-27-2013 02:34 PM

Thanks yall for the responses :)

I was able to Google Circle S and read up on what was said about them on another forum among some other places. Im not still not sure what to think about Circle S but they are my second choice anyways. Im not really in love with the saddle. Im not a full tooled saddle kind of person.

I wouldn't be roping everyday or doing real hard work. It would be more learning, helping and just having fun. I know they are heavy which is a little concerning since we do more team penning and trail riding then anything. My dad always rides in a roper no matter what he does but he has always done ranch work as his main riding. He team pens and trail rides in a roper so I figured it would be ok.

I'd preferably like a pleaser saddle since they are more light weight but I really haven't found one that I love the look of. I know the main thing is it fitting me and my horse as close to perfect as I can get it but I still have to think its pretty. Lol.

equiniphile 03-27-2013 02:38 PM

Have you considered buying used? You could get a much better saddle used in that price range than new. It's also important that you try it on the horse before you buy it to be sure it fits.

fkcb1988 03-27-2013 02:50 PM

I never had thought about it until recently when I came upon this thread. http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack...-today-156745/ Its great what he did!

I'm heavily considering it. I was talking to my husband about that last night. We have a few good places in my area that carry nice used saddles. Im not sure about any tack trades around here though.