The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Which saddle do you think is better? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/saddle-do-you-think-better-163226/)

uflrh9y 03-27-2013 11:03 AM

Which saddle do you think is better?

Saddle from Tack Trader

or

Saddle from EquineNow

The one good thing about the Whitman saddle is that they are in Troy, OH which is not too far from me in MI and they are a Morgan barn so the saddle would probably fit on an Arab.

Speed Racer 03-27-2013 11:09 AM

You're going to be doing saddleseat? Both of those are saddleseat saddles.

They're both well made saddles, but both overpriced. Saddleseat saddles aren't in great demand, and anyone showing at the upper levels will buy new.

For either of those saddles they shouldn't be more than $250-$300. I sold one just like that Crosby for $250 a few years ago. I paid $500 for it new, but that was back when dinosaurs roamed the earth....

uflrh9y 03-27-2013 11:44 AM

Yep, she is moving on to Saddleseat. Yay! Actually, I wanted her to ride saddleseat from the beginning but she gravitated to huntseat. However, they leased out the horse she was going to show and all the good HS horses are taken and the few others they have will have to be shared by a ton of riders because they have way more HS riders then SS. So she started riding SS and now she really loves it.

Speed Racer 03-27-2013 11:45 AM

Glad she likes it. Try e-bay and some of the other sites. You should be able to find a nice saddle for a heck of a lot less than they want for those two.

uflrh9y 03-27-2013 03:28 PM

I saw this one on ebay.

Saddle

Ever heard of Equi-Royal?

Speed Racer 03-27-2013 03:29 PM

Yep. Stay away from that one!

uflrh9y 03-27-2013 03:35 PM

Haha, I figured since I had never heard of it, but I thought maybe that was because I was old and rode a long long LONG time ago, lol. Thanks for telling me, I think I will stick to the brands I know.

SEAmom 03-27-2013 03:37 PM

I like them both personally. I do prefer the crosby from experience, but it turns out I'm not a big fan of the higher cantle on cutbacks. It wasn't as comfy for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

SEAmom 03-27-2013 03:39 PM

Also, I agree with speedracer as far as pricing. Maybe contact them and see if they'll come down on price. I wouldn't pay over $250 for either.
Posted via Mobile Device

tinyliny 03-27-2013 04:20 PM

i have a question regarding SS saddles. I dont' see any panels to speak of, so does one pad the saddle in the way you would a Western saddle; with a thick pad? There seems to be hardly any padding under that seat.