The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Parenting (http://www.horseforum.com/parenting/)
-   -   nervous about daycare (http://www.horseforum.com/parenting/nervous-about-daycare-163282/)

TurnNBurn144 03-27-2013 11:56 AM

nervous about daycare

so my daughter chloe (2) will be going into daycare 2 days a week. im nervous about her going. i just started working and her daddys going back to work plus school at night. has anybody ele experianced this?
Posted via Mobile Device

OutOfTheLoop 03-27-2013 12:17 PM

Hey you don't have to pick them up till 6pm, enjoy your nap time!
Posted via Mobile Device

Delfina 03-27-2013 12:40 PM

It's always nerve-wracking to leave them for the first time.

I have daycare kids here (mine are napping right now) and they LOVE to come stay with me. My only rule is that you do not send your kids in clothing that you actually like and send lots of extras because if there's a mud puddle we WILL play in it, snowball fights are great fun (no throwing at people but goats are good targets...), paint, glitter, glue, homemade volcanoes, dying eggs, making crafts, collecting eggs, holding chickens, visiting the piggies, rides on the tiny, slow electric 4wheeler (it's tot-sized)...

I never return clean kids (well I kinda wash or hose them off so they aren't *too* bad) but I do return very happy, tired kids. Parents love it, I text them pictures of what their kids are doing during the day so when they have time they can check their messages and see what they are up to.

Muppetgirl 03-27-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delfina (Post 2044826)
It's always nerve-wracking to leave them for the first time.

I have daycare kids here (mine are napping right now) and they LOVE to come stay with me. My only rule is that you do not send your kids in clothing that you actually like and send lots of extras because if there's a mud puddle we WILL play in it, snowball fights are great fun (no throwing at people but goats are good targets...), paint, glitter, glue, homemade volcanoes, dying eggs, making crafts, collecting eggs, holding chickens, visiting the piggies, rides on the tiny, slow electric 4wheeler (it's tot-sized)...

I never return clean kids (well I kinda wash or hose them off so they aren't *too* bad) but I do return very happy, tired kids. Parents love it, I text them pictures of what their kids are doing during the day so when they have time they can check their messages and see what they are up to.

Bahahahaha! Goats make good targets!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

NorthernMama 03-27-2013 01:23 PM

What are you nervous about? Something specific or are you suffering from separation anxiety? :)

Delfina 03-27-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muppetgirl (Post 2044898)
Bahahahaha! Goats make good targets!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's not that I find our 2 Niegerian Dwarf goats REALLY annoying or anything.... :wink: Besides.. they don't howl when you bean them with a snowball like other kids do! :oops:

Maple 03-27-2013 04:08 PM

You'll be just fine. I was eager to get out and back to work, that I went back when DS was 6 weeks old and I was cleared to drive after my section. A few days talking to adults and having proper conversations is fantastic for your own mental state :)

I'm sure we all felt anxious on the first day, but it will become second nature. If the child is upset don't hang about, get on with things because more often then not they will settle once Mommy is gone (out of sight, out of mind). My kids threw wobblers the first day, when I'd go to collect them they were having so much fun they didnt want to come home :)

farmpony84 03-27-2013 04:21 PM

I didn't send mine to a daycare, he has a babysitter that he's had for the past 9 years. I had a really hard time leaving him and I actually still sometimes can't wait to go home and grab the munchkin.

It's perfectly normal to feel that way. Daycare is really good for kids these days, they'll get all their cooties early on and it will help build immunities, they mature quicker because they are around other kids and they learn how to communicate well.

In the beginning it will be hard but as time go's by, you'll see it's a great thing...

Good luck!

PS - I would suggest doing it on a Wed. or a Thurs. so it's a short week for you, it will make it easier for you to not have to go through an entire week of it...

TurnNBurn144 03-27-2013 09:03 PM

were planning on sending her fridays,saturdays and mondays. ive been a stay at home mom since she was born but now i work and her daddys going to be a CDL driver. im just nervous because im handing her off to somebody not me.
Posted via Mobile Device

NorthernMama 03-27-2013 09:08 PM

I'm sorry, I must be really blind to this stuff - but what about "handing her off to somebody else" makes you nervous? If its a real daycare, the staff should be qualified and screened, right? They should have protocols in place on when to call the parents, how to handle specific situations, health concerns, meal time, nap time. Be clear on what you expect from the service and ask them if they will meet those expectations. If not, see what other options are out there.