The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jokes and Funnies (http://www.horseforum.com/jokes-funnies/)
-   -   NightMARE? (http://www.horseforum.com/jokes-funnies/nightmare-163546/)

Shirekeldeo7 03-27-2013 08:15 PM

NightMARE?
 
Ok this may sound weird of course everyone knows what a nightmare is but this accured to,me.,In the word Nightmare you got the word Mare at the end meaning female horse. Why would mare be in a word that means bad dreams i mean is it a mystery or who came up with it
Posted via Mobile Device

hemms 03-27-2013 08:20 PM

Has someone just watched "Rise of the Guardians", lol!
Posted via Mobile Device

Shirekeldeo7 03-27-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemms (Post 2049138)
Has someone just watched "Rise of the Guardians", lol!
Posted via Mobile Device

No i never seen that movie
Posted via Mobile Device

toto 03-27-2013 08:23 PM

Lol, we used to have a barn sour mare that was dark in color and wed call her "Nightmare" :-P


There are different degrees of frightening dreams, but the most terrifying cause sensations of suffocation and paralysis.

Literature best describes the sleeper’s sensation in the stories of Dracula, but there was also a common female demon known as “the night hag.”

Mare is an Old English term for demon and comes from the same root as murder.

Therefore the demon, or mare, who visits at night was called a “nightmare.”

A bad dream is often referred to as a nightmare.




--google is a creepy thing, lol. :-P

Shirekeldeo7 03-27-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemms (Post 2049138)
Has someone just watched "Rise of the Guardians", lol!
Posted via Mobile Device

Never seen it
Posted via Mobile Device

hemms 03-27-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toto (Post 2049194)

Mare is an Old English term for demon and comes from the same root as murder.
. :-P

I KNEW there was a legitimate answer for all that 'tude!!
Posted via Mobile Device

flytobecat 03-27-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemms (Post 2049602)
I KNEW there was a legitimate answer for all that 'tude!!
Posted via Mobile Device

No kidding.Our girls can be some evil wenches. I wonder what came first the demon or the mare.:twisted:

Shirekeldeo7 03-27-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flytobecat (Post 2049794)
No kidding.Our girls can be some evil wenches. I wonder what came first the demon or the mare.:twisted:

I agree even if i dont own horses
But the answer to that question is what came first Hercules or the Devil
Posted via Mobile Device

toto 03-27-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirekeldeo7 (Post 2049818)
I agree even if i dont own horses
But the answer to that question is what came first Hercules or the Devil
Posted via Mobile Device


My question to your question is-- what came first-- chicken or the egg?:shock:

Chiilaa 03-28-2013 09:55 PM

The "mare" in nightmare is referring to succubi or goblins.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0