The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse senior pictures ideas!

6K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  JaneyWaney9 
#1 ·
I need ideas for senior pictures with my horse! Of course, the photographer will be able to help with a lot of it, but I still want some cool ideas to bring up. I also need ideas on what to wear (I have a bay horse) and where/what background they would look cool in. Thanks!

#2 ·
obviously not senior pictures, but pics our daughter had done last year. The photographer was good but some of the action pics he kinda was off on. Didn't catch the gates and angles the way we had in mind. Anyhow, some ideas.
Posted via Mobile Device

#4 ·
My photographer was fantastic at suggesting the poses for my senior pics with my horse (and the pics without the horse, too!) He recommended a location of just beautiful green grass & trees, so there would be nothing busy in the background to detract from the overall look.

I chose to wear "street clothes" rather than anything equestrian, because it best represented me at the time - shorts, white blouse, dressy sandals. My mostly-white Paint wore her show halter and was groomed as if we were at a show. We didn't do any riding shots, as the focus of these pics is supposed to be the Senior, not the horse.

Several shots have me just standing by my horse or loving on her. My favorite shot was me sitting on the ground looking up at my horse, while she was reaching her head down to be close to me.

Have fun with it!

Reactions: Palomine
#6 ·
Most photographers will allow an outfit change. If it were me Id do a sundress and boots for one outfit and my typical jeans, boots and a nice shirt for the other.

As for poses, etc... Can you trailer somewhere or is it going to be in your back yard? Is there a spot that is special to you? I personally love water so I would want a creek or pond or something incorporated if it were me. My point being make it meaningful too.

Some ideas for poses: having your horse lay down and laying with them. Relaxing together in the field or during a sun set or sun rise. (can be difficult though)
Laying across his back while he grazes.
Shadows can make pretty cool pictures too
I personally like in the moment shots.
Posted via Mobile Device

#9 ·
I plan on getting pictures taken with Henny for his first/my twentieth birthday sometime in April. I would recommend a nice halter and a show shank. I'm going to be using his leather halter that will have his custom bronc noseband on it and my leather show shank. The photographer I plan on using gives us unlimited time and unlimited clothes changes. I already have 3 dresses picked out and I'll be wearing my show jeans and a nice top as another set. I was going to do it out in a field somewhere with some nice grass and trees for a more natural setting. Heck, I may just walk him down to the park and take the pictures there. I'll have to see if the photographer can recommend any locations or anything.

#12 ·
I'm planning to have my senior pictures with my horse too, and I plan to actually have an equine photographer do them. I suggest you have a photographer that has experience with photographing horses, because they know how to make them look good and what poses shows you both off the best.
The biggest thing I suggest is to wear something pretty timeless. A simple dress is fine, or a nice t-shirt, or a simple blouse. But don't do something really trendy right now, as tempting as it may seem. You'll look back years later and laugh it how ridiculous you look!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.