The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   A lost heart (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/lost-heart-16437/)

Brandon 10-23-2008 12:01 AM

A lost heart

Hey guys, well I know this is somethin i have posted awhile back but it is somethin that is just flat out buggin me....

I know what some of you will say: "i am still young", "you will find her soon", etc...

Every day I think about it, and when those country love songs come on.... It just really gets to me...

I have met alot of girls, and sometimes i thought i liked them alot.... but in the end is was lust in disquise. Sometimes I wonder if i will ever meet that girl that will steal my heart, but everyday i push on in hopes that i will find her..

Single has its advantages but like i have said in the past, "nothin beats a womens love".

How do i keep my hopes up??? How do i push on?? Is there a girl out there for me??

I don't want just any ol' girl....... I want a girl i can invest all my love into...

Any advice for a lonely cowboy?

JustDressageIt 10-23-2008 01:05 AM

I'm sorry I have nothing useful to say other than to keep looking. You can't force love, and you WILL find it, but probably when you are least expecting it.
Keep your chin up Brandon, you will meet the girl you deserve, the best part is that she will be worth the wait and then some!
There's a song out there that goes:

"I had all but given up on finding
The one that I could fall into
On the day before you
I was ready settled for
Less than love and not much more
There was no such thing as a dream come true
Oh, but that was all the day before you

The Heaven knows those years without you
Shaping my heart for the that day I found you
You're the reason for all that I've been through
Then I'm thankful for the day before you"

All those heartbreaks and loves before your true love will help you realize just how special she is... hang tough there buddy, she's out there waiting for you to realize she's there :)

RegalCharm 10-23-2008 03:34 AM

So who do you have a crush on?:D

KANSAS_TWISTER 10-23-2008 03:51 AM

my advice....don't go looking for love...let it come to you....let nana be the only female in your life for now...at least she will not nag

DashAwayAll 10-23-2008 06:12 AM

Brandon honey, relax. It's not a search and rescue mission.

God will put her in your path when you are both ready.Well, when He thinks you are both ready, or in need. In the meantime, do the things you love. Like ride.

Rachluvshorses4eva 10-23-2008 06:23 AM

It's ok Brandon-you can go out with me whenever you want!

LMAO! kidding!

Nah, Brandon, keep looking mate. You'll find her...one day.
Good things go to those who wait..remember that! :D
Good luck!
BTW-you always have your horses to turn to. :D

TaMMa89 10-23-2008 06:25 AM

I know how you feel. I've been a single almost whole my life and even if I there are a lot of good sites being single and I'm usually satisfied with the situation sometimes I notice that I'm lonely.

I still agree with KT. If you start to search "the one" there's a risk that whole thing turns to too contrived. The love comes when the time is right. You can meet her in a shop when you're buying food, it can be that girl who is hitchiking by a back road or you can meet her wherever...

Now I'm saying cliché you even brought up. You're still young. I'm sure that if you're an ordinary man you'll find someone who makes you heart dancing in some day. There's a lot of people in the world and most of them have found a partner so why you wouldn't find your? Think that it's good that you don't at least fall every frivolous girl.

I tend to think that there's "the one" which comes to me in some day. If it doesn't happen just now the reason is that there is nobody which would suit me just now and there are something better waiting me. I have (hopefully) a lot of years in the future and there's no rush.

Chin up! Be patient and you'll find someone.

Angel_Leaguer 10-23-2008 07:20 AM

Hey,

Keep your chin up and she will find you. Ive had a few BFs in my life time and im always afraid that I wont find "the one" and get married. My problem is that horses are my true love and guys cant take that, so make sure when you do find a girl she wont try to take that away from ya.

So what do you do outside of horses and work? Do you put yourself in social situations that you could start meeting women? Go to a pleasure show, I know around here it is like a 20:1 ratio...lol.

Just try not to let it fully consume you and go on, One day she will come.

Joshie 10-23-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon (Post 172560)

I have met alot of girls, and sometimes i thought i liked them alot.... but in the end is was lust in disquise. Sometimes I wonder if i will ever meet that girl that will steal my heart, but everyday i push on in hopes that i will find her..

I don't want just any ol' girl....... I want a girl i can invest all my love into...

Any advice for a lonely cowboy?

Brandon, how old are you? I know when I was in my 20s I was very impatient. I thought I needed a husband NOW. A friend of mine gave me some good advice. He said that I should stop trying. He said I should pray about finding the right person and stop looking.

Guess what? When I stopped trying so hard I took the time to focus on developing into the type of adult I needed to be. I met my husband when I was 31. He's not the type of person who would have attracted me in my 20s. He's too stable, too secure. I'd have thought him boring when I was younger. Well, I needed a man like my hubby. I needed him.

I just needed to take the time to develop into a person who I am today. I've found that the stability I thought was boring as a young person is actually pretty wonderful. He said to me the other day that he thought that we were very fortunate because we have a connection that most other people don't have.

So...please be patient and wait for your blessing.

farmpony84 10-23-2008 01:05 PM

Lonely is sexy....

I know you've heard this but... just stop looking. She will come.