The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Well, there went that career idea. (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/well-there-went-career-idea-164521/)

BarrelRacer67 03-29-2013 01:29 PM

Well, there went that career idea.

Well, darn! If I had ever thought about a future in riding English or jumping, that just went out the window! I decided to jump one of my horses 2 1/2 feet yesterday and he KILLED it! He loves to jump and was as happy as a lark the whole time!! I was ecstatic until I got home and it felt like my knee was being stabbed every time I bent it. Apparently I pulled my MCL when I was jumping Rebel, and whenever I bent it that make it all the worse. This isn't the first time I've strained it but I wasn't smart enough to recognize is before. So unless, I want to have surgery and go through all that, that career is gone because my MCL is too weak to deal with the strain. Good thing I wasn't planning on a future in English, anyway! :-P

FlyGap 03-29-2013 07:21 PM

28 Attachment(s)
Bummer! Hope it gets to feeling better soon!!

Saskia 03-31-2013 10:33 PM

I'm sorry :(

I don't know what it is but whenever I used to jump or ride in two point my knee would completely go. I couldn't even really walk after riding. And showjumping was my thing so every other day I would be hobbling around. I got these bendy stirrups and they helped a lot. I don't do short stirrup/jump work now though and its not really a problem. You could do dressage.

BarrelRacer67 03-31-2013 11:09 PM

It's back to normal now, but thanks guys!! I found out it was my 'superficial MCL' that I pulled because apparently it's one of 3 major tendons in your knee. And Saskia, I was kidding. There's absolutely no future in English for me, it just doesn't click with me!! Haha!!

Mochachino 04-01-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saskia (Post 2087809)
I'm sorry :(

I don't know what it is but whenever I used to jump or ride in two point my knee would completely go. I couldn't even really walk after riding. And showjumping was my thing so every other day I would be hobbling around. I got these bendy stirrups and they helped a lot. I don't do short stirrup/jump work now though and its not really a problem. You could do dressage.

You were probably using jointed stirrups, they seem to help a lot with knees and hips.

BarrelRacer67 04-01-2013 11:34 PM

I was actually in a western saddle so that could have been it, too.