The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barrel Racing (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/)
-   -   I've decided to sell Red *sigh* (http://www.horseforum.com/barrel-racing/ive-decided-sell-red-%2Asigh%2A-164609/)

beau159 03-29-2013 03:56 PM

I've decided to sell Red *sigh*

There comes a time when you realize that he's not "the one" for you.

The thought has been crossing my mind since last fall, so this is not a new thought (for me) by any means. At first, I didn't mind all his energy, but now I'm kinda wanting my old Beau back, who was laid back and like a western pleasure horse most of the time, yet could still clock a good time. And as Red's training has gone on, he's going to be a free runner. I am a very "pushy" type of barrel rider, so I think I need to find a push-type to best suite my rider preferences.

Love him to death, but I only have room for 2, so I couldn't possibly get another one and keep him at the same time.

Sad decision, but I do feel good about it, so it must be the right one!

Lucky thing is, I just listed him for sale yesterday, and I already have someone coming to look at him. She sounds like a nice lady, so I'm hoping its a good home he goes to *if* she likes him.

Anyway, just wanted to share. :?

SorrelHorse 03-30-2013 12:00 AM

Well I'm sorry to hear that but I agree that I think this decision is the best. You haven't had a very easy time with him but you've handled it well. He'll make someone a good horse, even if it's not your preference in a horse.

That's where I'm at with Ruger right now. We're selling him as well. My Mom decided she doesn't like him and while I love him to death I don't have the time to ride him every day. Will be looking at another, older, safer mare my Mom can run.

beau159 03-30-2013 09:05 AM

Aw, sorry to hear Rugey-roo will be going to a new home too.

Red has really got done talent there, which is why I am reluctant to sell him, but I know that he may be a better match for someone else.

It would be easier if it wasn't so icy and slippery outside!! Red honestly needs a good wet saddle blanket from a long trotting/galloping ride. Can't really do that when its not safe to do so outside.

Well we'll have to have this little "selling my horse" thread.

I am very surprised I have someone interested in Red so quickly. She's going to try to get here this weekend to see him.

Any lookers for Ruger yet?
Posted via Mobile Device

Cacowgirl 03-30-2013 09:16 AM

I hope you both find good homes for your horses.It's a hard decision, but sometimes the right one.

BarrelRacer23 03-30-2013 01:51 PM

I think it's better to sell a horse sometimes than to keep one you just don't get along with. Hope you have an easy time selling and finding a better match for yourself.
Posted via Mobile Device

LoveMyDrummerBoy 03-30-2013 02:06 PM

I made the same decision with Drummer about a month or so ago. He is listed for sale, and I got lucky and already found a perfect match for me and my future. His vet check is in 5 days. I have gotten a lot of interest on Drummer, but it is important to remember that a horse is never really sold until you have the cashiers check in hand (and it clears!). People can be crazy!

Good luck with the person coming to look at him. I know that it can be stressful trying to sell a horse, especially when it is on top of everything else you have going on.

SorrelHorse 03-30-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beau159 (Post 2073145)
Aw, sorry to hear Rugey-roo will be going to a new home too.

Red has really got done talent there, which is why I am reluctant to sell him, but I know that he may be a better match for someone else.

It would be easier if it wasn't so icy and slippery outside!! Red honestly needs a good wet saddle blanket from a long trotting/galloping ride. Can't really do that when its not safe to do so outside.

Well we'll have to have this little "selling my horse" thread.

I am very surprised I have someone interested in Red so quickly. She's going to try to get here this weekend to see him.

Any lookers for Ruger yet?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah we got a guy who's looking to buy him and work with him a little and one of the gals at the barn wanted him for a barrel prospect, either one of those would work for me.

I feel the same too, Ruger needs more wet saddle blankets as well but I just can't commit to both him and Selena until this summer and Mom is getting way too frustrated with him.

QHriderKE 03-31-2013 04:19 PM

Aw man... you have no idea how many times selling Squiggy has crossed my mind. But them she does something brilliant and changes my mind.

Stupid horse.

beau159 03-31-2013 05:51 PM

^^^ I hear ya. At the indoor yesterday, Red was an angel. Only his second time riding in an indoor, and its moments like that which make me second guess myself.
Posted via Mobile Device

QHriderKE 03-31-2013 06:04 PM

Yeah, well, with Squiggy, she's so handy to have around the ranch that if she doesn't turn out on barrels or anything else, I know she could be a rope horse. It's the plan I have in place to fall back on if I can't get her to work out elsewhere.

I'd still rather her work out as a barrel horse, cause she could be a smokin barrel horse if it works out to my favour and I dont give up when she's being a turd.