The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   How to make a good ad for my horse (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/how-make-good-ad-my-horse-164641/)

harleyboiirun 03-29-2013 04:18 PM

How to make a good ad for my horse

I'm trying to sell my grade paint mare. 15.2-3, broke, gentle and an overall greathorse...I'm listing her for $900.00 and only had 2 people look at her over the past several months....what can I do to make her ad draw more people in so I can sell this horse. what info should I put, type of pics...etc...anything that coud help me?

harleyboiirun 03-29-2013 04:23 PM

this is currently what I have on craigslist: ~*~6 year old Paint mare~*~

toto 03-29-2013 04:29 PM

keywords: APHA,quarter horse,pinto,western,english,family,hay,alfalfa,fil ly,colt, saddle,gelding,mare,fence panels,corrals,round pen,barn,boarding,beginner,lesson, training,jumping,thoroughbred,gypsy,fresian,arabia n,mustang,pony,appaloosa,blue roan,red roan,palomino,buckskin,sorrel,dunskin,grulla,appen dix.

sorry but i hate when I'm looking for hay-- another breed of horse-- or something unrelated completely and there is an ad for a horse i dont really want.. good way to get your ad marked as spam for not being in the right category.. Just a heads up. :D

Taffy Clayton 03-29-2013 04:49 PM

You spend more time telling a buyer what you want, than what you are selling.

dlpark2 03-29-2013 04:50 PM

Besides all the keywords you have listed, I don't like the first picture you put up. It may be pretty, but to me it makes her look like a bucking bronco. Additionally, I wouldn't call because she is UTD on worming and farrier, but needs coggins and vaccines. With the economy in the tank, if I was going to spend $900 on a semi broke horse, I would want it, at least, fully vetted. I would also post some pictures of her under saddle and bridle so that people can see that she has had a saddle on before.