The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/)
-   -   Which boots? (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/boots-165889/)

Mochachino 03-31-2013 10:26 PM

Which boots?

I am needing to buy a new pair of western boots. I've been looking at Ariats or Justins. Looking for advice and suggestions of your favorites. Looking for comfort.

Poseidon 03-31-2013 10:29 PM

Go try some on. The only way you're going to know what's comfortable for you is to put them on.

I have Ariats and I pray they never stop making the women's heritage boots because they fit my feet like a glove.

Roperchick 03-31-2013 10:35 PM

I have a weakness for ariat fat babies they fit amazingly and I can walk around in them all day...but youre just gonna have to try different ones to see what will fit you

Mochachino 04-01-2013 12:41 AM

Unfortunately I have no where here to buy or try them on. Was going to get a family member who lives in Alberta to go to their tack shop named Keddies and take pictures for me, and just go from there. I have a pretty standard size 8 foot and I figure if they don`t fit I can sell them around here probably pretty easy. It`s both a blessing and a curse to not have anywhere I can just go buy them. It`s frustrating when I need something and can`t just go get it, but on the other hand if I had an awesome tack shop close by I`d probably be broke.

nvr2many 04-01-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roperchick (Post 2087873)
I have a weakness for ariat fat babies they fit amazingly and I can walk around in them all day...but youre just gonna have to try different ones to see what will fit you

For riding??? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, that would scare me to death. Would be afraid my foot would get stuck in stirrup.
I agree, trying on would be best but I think both brands are good brands.

waresbear 04-01-2013 01:00 AM

I love Justin ropers. I have a pair that are over 20 years old and I still show in them and they still look great. I have the Justin gypsy's for streetwear, extreme good walking boot. I use the Justin lacers for paddock boots.

Roperchick 04-01-2013 01:40 AM

I've never had a problem with mine being too fat for the stirrups (when I brother to use stirrups lol) but they are 100% the most comfortable boots I've ever owned

Mochachino 04-01-2013 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvr2many (Post 2089353)
For riding??? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, that would scare me to death. Would be afraid my foot would get stuck in stirrup.
I agree, trying on would be best but I think both brands are good brands.

That's what I was wondering about.