The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Horse Movies (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/horse-movies-16603/)

whitetrashwarmblood 10-26-2008 04:16 PM

Horse Movies

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...k_beauty-1.jpg

Everytime I see this movie I bawl my eyes out. Especially when Ginger dies, and when Joe finds Beauty at the end. :sad:
Even listening to the music on Myspace gets me teary eyed. Anyone else like this when they watch horse movies?

omgpink 10-26-2008 04:20 PM

I love Black Beauty, but I never cried during it, I think the only horse movie I've cried in is Flicka.

Angel_Leaguer 10-26-2008 04:31 PM

I love horse movies but I dont cry...my mom does though. I really like the movie Dreamer...

gotxhorses 10-26-2008 05:03 PM

I actually don't think I've ever seen the movie Black Beauty. I've read the book though.

moomoo 10-26-2008 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgpink (Post 174799)
I love Black Beauty, but I never cried during it, I think the only horse movie I've cried in is Flicka.

my friend and I watched Flicka a few weeks ago and we were both tearing up :lol:

My2Geldings 10-27-2008 12:08 AM

For horse series, the black stallion is my number one with their great theme song. Black Beauty will always be my all time favorite, but I think Dreamer is a close one as well. Great soundtrack and great movie which was accurately done.

Bitless 10-27-2008 03:51 AM

Must say i havnt cryed in any horse movie....or any movie for tha matter.

But for some reason the first time i saw sea biscuit ....when Smith sees red fighting off these guys and at the same time sees sea biscuit fighting his handlers ..... sudden realisation they are the same and would make a perfect team .... i got close to it :-| lol :razz:

my fav horse movie and fav horse book :D

My2Geldings 10-27-2008 12:44 PM

Oh an excellent reminder! One movie, I think probably my allllll time favorite is PharLap. It is based on the true story of Phar Lap, the race horse. Was truly a touching story. I have watched it dozens of times, I don't think there has been a single occasion where I haven't watched the movie without having a lump in my throat yet.

Here is a link to videos about this fantastic horse:
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

whitetrashwarmblood 10-27-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My2Geldings (Post 175246)
Oh an excellent reminder! One movie, I think probably my allllll time favorite is PharLap. It is based on the true story of Phar Lap, the race horse. Was truly a touching story. I have watched it dozens of times, I don't think there has been a single occasion where I haven't watched the movie without having a lump in my throat yet.

Here is a link to videos about this fantastic horse:
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

=O
i need to see that movie...