The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Recommendations on fly sheet and blanket (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/recommendations-fly-sheet-blanket-166057/)

ApolloRider 04-01-2013 01:09 AM

Recommendations on fly sheet and blanket

I just wanted to know a good brand anyone can recommend.
Thanks. :)

JustWingIt 04-01-2013 01:17 AM

I get all my blankets from Schnieders, super durable and good quality for an awesome price. Plus, they have like every type of blanket.

Horse Supplies, Horse Tack, Horse Sheets, Fly Sheets and much more from Schneider Saddlery

gypsygirl 04-01-2013 07:36 AM

kensington fly sheets are the absolute best ! they are a bit pricey, i buy mine on ebay. they hold up really well. i had one for 3 years [that i sold only because my horse out grew it] and it still looked brand new.

i like saxon blankets if you are looking for something cheap. or weatherbeeta if you are ok spending a bit more. i dont like schneiders because they give my horses really bad rubs.

ApolloRider 04-01-2013 12:23 PM

Thank you both. I was overwhelmed by so many brands. I didn't want to get a bad one. <3

gypsygirl 04-01-2013 12:49 PM

when it comes to blankets, i wont buy anything less than 1200D, or else the other horses will rip it up right away !

ApolloRider 04-02-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsygirl (Post 2093034)
when it comes to blankets, i wont buy anything less than 1200D, or else the other horses will rip it up right away !

1200D got it, and Ty. :)

MudPaint 04-02-2013 01:01 PM

Is your horse out by itself or with others?

Fly sheets, I like the one I have from weatherbeeta, it came with a neck cover as well. It's a thicker weave, but doesn't tear easily.

If your horse is out by himself or with others that don't like to play tag with his cloths, the Amigo sheets are awesome! Easy to wash, light weight, and come with a belly guard.

My favorite turnout is by Shires. It's lasted 5+ years with tough turnout buddies. If you have the money, Rambo is also a great buy.