The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Indian's foaling thread (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/indians-foaling-thread-166322/)

cmarie 04-01-2013 03:34 PM

Indian's foaling thread

3 Attachment(s)
Tru Painted Indian is a black and white medicine hat mare with blue eyes, she was bred to HRS Midnite Romeo, who was a black and white tobiano. This is Romeo's last foal, he passed away the end of June last year.

Indian is my A cup mare she has very small udders, she is almost full now, her nipples are still pointing at each other and not pointing down yet, she is my only mare that waxes. I believe she will foal in the next two weeks. She is starting to get edema on the midline.

She has had 2 foals previously both black and white fillies, I would really like to get a colt out of her this time, I'm pretty sure it will be black and white.

SunnyDraco 04-01-2013 03:44 PM

Subbing :D

I just love to stalk foaling threads lol

Hope you get the colt you really want

EmsTNWalkers 04-01-2013 04:09 PM

What a beautiful pair!! This will be a stunning foal out of those two for sure. Good luck, I know based on the help you've given me she is definitely in good hands :-)

cmarie 04-01-2013 04:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am hoping for a stunning foal, his three from last year are pretty nice looking even though they are in the fugly stage right now.

Thank you for the kind words EmsTNWalkers, I'm just as much of a wreck during foaling season as the rest of you are, and forget all that I know when it comes to my mares foaling...lol.

Here is a picture of Romeo's babies from last year, oldest in the back to youngest in the front, please forgive the mess they are it's been raining and windy and they are really at the fugly stage, the 2 younger ones are about 2 inches butt high right now.

BrieannaKelly 04-01-2013 07:39 PM

Very pretty pair! Sorry to hear about Romeo :-( I wish you happy and healthy foaling!! Come on colt! ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device

horsecrazygirl 04-02-2013 02:41 AM

subbing!

anniegirl 04-02-2013 01:58 PM

Beautiful pair!! can't wait to see the baby:):) Finger's crossed for a colt!!!

cmarie 04-02-2013 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Indian is a little more pointed today I think or maybe she is just getting more edema She has been biting her sides. Udder is filling more.

SunnyDraco 04-02-2013 03:23 PM

I bet she is hard to keep clean and white :D

WesternTale 04-02-2013 03:30 PM

this is going to be one beautiful baby. what ate your plans for it?
Posted via Mobile Device