The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   western riding boots for flat feet (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/western-riding-boots-flat-feet-166330/)

libann 04-01-2013 02:36 PM

western riding boots for flat feet

Hello to all,

I posted sometime ago about western riding boots...but forgot to ask for help
concerning my flat feet...I normally wear tall riding boots...my husband and I
are going on vacation to a dude ranch and wondered what type of boots would be suitable and of course comfortable!!! Thank you all!!!:-)
Carol

tinyliny 04-01-2013 04:33 PM

Hi Carol,

I am a big fan of almost anything that Ariat makes. I have a pair of Ariat cowboy boots, and they are super comfy. They are NOT the pretty kind of cowboy boots designed for fashion. they are designed to be ridden in.
I have flat feet, and Plantar Faciatis, so I need good support. I normally wear custom orthotics in any regular shoe (except my Dansko clogs and my sandals, which I wear rarely). For my cowboy boots, I do not need any orthotic. I find them extremely comfy for long time of standing. Not great for long distance walking, but super for riding.

Where are you going? which dude ranch? (something I've wanted to do for years)

Professional Heritage Stockman - Ariat

libann 04-02-2013 12:40 PM

Ariat Cowboy Boots

Thank you so much for the information. I do have Ariat Riding Field Boots
and they are very comfortable....never thought of Heritage Stockman Boot.
My husband and I going to Bonanza Creek Country Ranch...Martinsdale,MT
We were there 2009 and really enjoyed it...Going back again!!! You'll even
take part in cattle work on the range and team penning. Also, the riding
is wonderful site seeing the Big Sky Country... Again, thank you so much for
your help.:-)

Joe4d 04-02-2013 12:48 PM

Im liking the rounder toe Justins. Ariats I have tried just dont fit me. Ariats tend to run pretty narrow also, both in womens and men. SO be sure to try them on. Ariats just dont fit me at all, Seems stores stock regular, (way to narrow) or Extra wide, ( too wide) wonder if they make a Wide,, as in not Extra, just wide. Anyway I have pretty much given up on cowboy boots for riding and just wear light hikers. Light weight, water proof, safety toe, can run in them, could also comfortably walk miles back to camp if the need arose. Plus they go better with my teal striped tights !

tinyliny 04-02-2013 01:20 PM

I have moderately wide feet, and Stockman boots are perfect! you want them to initiallly feel a bit tight over the arch/instep area of the foot, but NOT the toe.

Celeste 04-07-2013 08:39 PM

My son has completely flat feet. He wears Justin Ropers and they work great for him.

Muppetgirl 04-07-2013 08:41 PM

I have no arch in my feet whatsoever and I use Blundstones, kind of an Aussie stockman boot......could walk around all day in them, they're wide right where they need to be, and with my jeans pooled down around my boots you would never tell! I've had the same pair for ten years.....only now am I looking at getting another pair:wink:

libann 04-08-2013 05:13 PM

Thank you!!

Thank you all for the suggestions..information gives me a lot of options.:-)

SoldOnGaited 04-08-2013 05:24 PM

My husband has flat feet also and loves his Ariat Terrain H20 boots. They are really comfortable for him..enough that he doesn't even use his orthos with them. He will be buying another pair of Ariat boots when these die lol.

PS. LUCKY YOU going to a Montana dude ranch!!! *Green* Hubby are I have our sights set on Triple J Ranch....one day.

libann 04-08-2013 05:26 PM

Can I use these boots for western riding

I should have ask if these different type of boots can be worn for western style riding? I really appreciate every ones help!!:-)