The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Strap On Pony (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/strap-pony-16634/)

Moxie 10-27-2008 02:39 PM

Strap On Pony

Seth is going to be a cowboy for Halloween. I got him one of those ponies that you just step into, and strap on using suspenders. The only bad thing about the pony is that the head droops down, and I am worried that Seth will trip over the reins, as I know he'll be too excited to hold the pony's head up all night long.

Any suggestions as to how I can make the head erect?

Dumas'_Grrrl 10-27-2008 02:46 PM

I don't know that you will be able to keep the head up... Nature of the beast thing. It needs the hole that seth will be in to keep the head up. (almost bought one last year) I would tie or tack up the reins so Seth0man doesn't trip and fall.

claireauriga 10-27-2008 02:54 PM

Oh boy, I got awfully confused looking at this thread's title! I'm not going to repeat my confusion, because a) I couldn't make sense of it anyway and b) there are younger people than I about, but add the words suspenders and erect into the mix and I wondered if Moxie was confessing to a strange new fetish!

Moxie 10-27-2008 02:57 PM

ha-ha Claire, you're a trip!

RusticWildFire 10-27-2008 03:02 PM

Is there some way you can attach the reins to his outfit. Like his shirt or something? I don't know what the costume looks like so I'm not real sure, but if you could sew the reins on short enough to his shirt or around him that the head wont droop that might work

Angel_Leaguer 10-27-2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claireauriga (Post 175389)
Oh boy, I got awfully confused looking at this thread's title! I'm not going to repeat my confusion, because a) I couldn't make sense of it anyway and b) there are younger people than I about, but add the words suspenders and erect into the mix and I wondered if Moxie was confessing to a strange new fetish!

Bad Claire!!!! lol, I had to look twice at the title as well... Moxie, do you have any pics of him in the costume so that we have an idea of what we are working with? Sounds cute though

Moxie 10-27-2008 03:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the exact costume, but his is a buckskin pony. lol

I could try to attach the reins to the suspenders, or his jacket (it's minnesota) or maybe getting a wire hanger and inserting it in the head?

Attachment 546

RusticWildFire 10-27-2008 03:10 PM

I'd first try the coat hanger and then if that doesn't work I'd try attaching to the jacket or suspenders.

Cute costume!

Angel_Leaguer 10-27-2008 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RusticWildFire (Post 175407)
I'd first try the coat hanger and then if that doesn't work I'd try attaching to the jacket or suspenders.

Cute costume!

Agreed,

super cute...go Buckskins!!!! LOL

Moxie 10-27-2008 03:14 PM

LOL I also stuffed it's butt and chest, it was just too... ahh.. 'limp' .