The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   I am such a baby! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/i-am-such-baby-16667/)

Moxie 10-27-2008 11:31 PM

I am such a baby!

So, I am sitting here watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, and I am balling my eyes out. This episode is about making over a home for a family who had a son (Louie) that was born with some major birth defects.

In 2007 this episode aired, Louie was not quite 2. He was born with a condition where he's not able to extend his limbs completely out and needs to be constantly held, or in a wheelchair, he needs to breath threw a trach and needs to be fed through a feeding tube.

The home that this family lives in is in poor repair. I am actually watching the demolition crew pull this house over using JUST ROPES! Needless to say it was not a healthy environment for this little boy to be living in.

When offered a nice vacation, as all families are offered on this show, where does this family choose to spend their vacation? David's House, a home where families can go with their disabled children, along with siblings and such. They wanted to go and help out there, and spend their free time there being around others.

Louie's mom had started Angel Boy Art to help Louie express himself, and to help with his stretches. I'll include a link to his site at the bottom of my post. At the beginning of this episode you see how badly the mom wants to make Angel Boy Art a reality, and I guess by the end of this episode, it is finally realized.

Stuff like this is so heart wrenching to me. I wish I lived in a world where children had no hurt, and no struggles. Seriously, I am crying. I know that challenges like these make us stronger, but when I see a child.... a baby like little Louie, one who cant walk, cant talk and when I think about all that he'll miss out on, I can hardly contain my tears.

bleh.. I'll stop now.

Angel Boy Art - Welcome

My2Geldings 10-27-2008 11:46 PM

Then it makes me a baby to. I've only watched the show a couple times but I also cried each and every single time. Great show and they know how pull your heart strings. They always choose great families.
Thats what everyone needs every once in a while to give you a real appreciation for things you have in life!

Moxie 10-28-2008 12:09 AM

Shows/Movies that involve young children hit me especially hard, I dont know what it is, maybe it's the fact that I have a child about that age, I dont know. Maybe it's the fact that I dont get to see my son every day,and I worry SO much about him... I just dont know.

I really want to go see "Changeling" this weekend, but that is about an abducted little boy... I dont think I'd make it threw that in one piece.

I feel the same as you Kelly, watching these types of shows make you realize what you have in life. It makes me realize how much I want to help others too. How much I'd like to give back to those who could use it.

It's good to cry every now and again. I feel better now. The family got a great house, the mom got her dream of getting Angel Boy Art up and moving and little Louie now has a home where he is safe.

.A.j. 10-28-2008 07:58 PM

Have you seen the episode of Extreme Home Makeover where they build an house and horse stable!!
That family was incredible.

omgpink 10-29-2008 12:04 AM

Yea I've seen both of those, that show is in my top 5. i don't like to miss an episode. I think they did a fantastic job on the house and stable, I would kill for something like that! lol

My2Geldings 10-30-2008 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moxie (Post 175721)
Shows/Movies that involve young children hit me especially hard, I dont know what it is, maybe it's the fact that I have a child about that age, I dont know. Maybe it's the fact that I dont get to see my son every day,and I worry SO much about him... I just dont know.

I really want to go see "Changeling" this weekend, but that is about an abducted little boy... I dont think I'd make it threw that in one piece.

I feel the same as you Kelly, watching these types of shows make you realize what you have in life. It makes me realize how much I want to help others too. How much I'd like to give back to those who could use it.

It's good to cry every now and again. I feel better now. The family got a great house, the mom got her dream of getting Angel Boy Art up and moving and little Louie now has a home where he is safe.

I need to really start making some time for those shows. A great post.