The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Myler Combination Bits?! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/myler-combination-bits-167353/)

KylieHuitema 04-02-2013 08:47 PM

Myler Combination Bits?!

I am looking at getting my horse one of these bits for xc and show jumping so the pressure doesn't focus directly on his mouth. On the page, I would like one of the 3 rings for more options. What is the difference between the MB32-3, the MB02, the MB06, and MB36?

Action Rider Tack - Combination Bits

Any opinions appreciated (:

KylieHuitema 04-03-2013 02:35 PM

Anyone?

NBEventer 04-03-2013 02:47 PM

The big difference(other then the actual mouth piece) is the different levels of elevation you can use. The 3 ring would ideally be used with two sets of reins, one on the snaffle ring and the other on the elevation you would like, such as the bottom ring. The bottom ring makes it a bit more severe then the second ring would. Where the others are a two ring so not as much elevation.

Am I making sense? Or am I clear as mud? lol

KylieHuitema 04-03-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBEventer (Post 2116962)
The big difference(other then the actual mouth piece) is the different levels of elevation you can use. The 3 ring would ideally be used with two sets of reins, one on the snaffle ring and the other on the elevation you would like, such as the bottom ring. The bottom ring makes it a bit more severe then the second ring would. Where the others are a two ring so not as much elevation.

Am I making sense? Or am I clear as mud? lol

Yeah I understand what you mean. And what differences do the mouth pieces have? I don't understand what the different size of the ports would do. Or the flat one.

NBEventer 04-03-2013 05:53 PM

The different mouth pieces are more on horses preference. Some horses prefer something that has a port as it takes pressure off their tongue. Other horses like something that is single or double jointed. Some prefer something that has rollers. Really all the different mouth pieces are more on what mouth piece the horse likes. My mare likes a double jointed bit. While one of the other horses I ride prefers a single jointed. I also ride a horse who likes rollers.

If you read the tech info on the bits they actually explain them a bit better :-)

KylieHuitema 04-03-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBEventer (Post 2118898)
The different mouth pieces are more on horses preference. Some horses prefer something that has a port as it takes pressure off their tongue. Other horses like something that is single or double jointed. Some prefer something that has rollers. Really all the different mouth pieces are more on what mouth piece the horse likes. My mare likes a double jointed bit. While one of the other horses I ride prefers a single jointed. I also ride a horse who likes rollers.

If you read the tech info on the bits they actually explain them a bit better :-)

I will be sure to do that! My horse is in a single jointed bit right now, so I might have to look for a bit like that!