The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Haircut!! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/haircut-167674/)

winchesterDG 04-03-2013 11:11 AM

Haircut!!

Hello everybody,
I am getting a haircut today! I want to do a completely new style, as my hair now is really boring. My hair is super long, like down to my bottom, so I want to go shorter but not so short that I can't put it into a ponytail for riding, or a bun for dressage. ( maybe like to my shoulder blades in the back?) As of now, It is just really plain: no bangs or layering, and I just wear it with a deep side part when it is down. I am looking for some suggestions of how I should get it cut. I am not sure if I want bangs, because my friend said that they are bothersome when she rides.

cowgirl4753 04-03-2013 11:58 AM

My hair is probably 3" from shoulder and has long layers in it. The long layers make for a neater ponytail because they hair won't fall out because some of its too short. I don't have bangs, used to but got annoyed with having to keep them trimmed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Critter sitter 04-03-2013 12:09 PM

does your hair have and natural wave or is it stick straight? i would start with some longer layers and maybe a little bit of a face frame
like this
Long Hair Haircuts With Layers : Modern Long and Short Haircuts Pictures

Critter sitter 04-03-2013 12:17 PM

btw I am a stylist and if you were close I would offer to do it for you :)

winchesterDG 04-03-2013 12:23 PM

My hair is naturally a bit wavy. Thanks for the offer Critter Sitter lol, I am in CA tho

Critter sitter 04-03-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winchesterDG (Post 2115658)
My hair is naturally a bit wavy. Thanks for the offer Critter Sitter lol, I am in CA tho

A nice long layer with face frame would look great!

Saddlebag 04-03-2013 01:29 PM

I used to go to a local hairdresser and her cuts were ok. Then when in a major center I went to a highly recommended place. You'd think at first I was getting the same style of cut but it was the way it was cut that made a big difference. When it started getting to my shoulders it still looked good.

Wild Heart 04-03-2013 04:12 PM

As an individual with bangs I would have to say I do not recommend them.

They are very annoying and mine always go flat even if I style them. However, I have a larger forehead so bangs are the only things that will cover it up and make my face look almost normal. :)

Skyseternalangel 04-03-2013 06:27 PM

Ask your stylist, but I recommend chopping at least 4 -5 inches off and then going with medium layers (not super long but not super short) and something that will frame your face. I wouldn't get short bangs.. go with longer ones.