The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   I need help with a decision.. :) (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/i-need-help-decision-16792/)

katieandduke 10-30-2008 06:50 PM

I need help with a decision.. :)

advice is welcome for boys and girls! thanks!

okay, some of you may think this is ridiculous but i need some advice. i like this boy...hmm we'll call him bob from now on.. lol... okay bob is a baseball player and i talk to him some in two of my classes and i give him candy and stuff. but i really want to talk to him more. i am thinking about joining diamond dolls. for those who dont know it is were you are assigned a player and you give them like candy and stuff the days of a game. well, i want to ask if i can have bob as my player but how can i do that without the othr girls in there knowing i like him... i mean do you think if i ask for him to be it and he finds out, he will then think i like him or something?? even if he doesnt feel the same way bout me, i would still like to be his friend and everything. i mean its good to have all those good guy friends.. so please tell me what yall think? any advice is welcome for boys and girls. thanks again!

katieandduke 10-30-2008 08:27 PM

bump....

Brandon 10-31-2008 12:36 AM

I am pretty horrible with advice... tell the girls you want him as your player because you pick his name randomly. Instead of bein shy and hopin that he doesnt find out you like him, why not just think as though you and him where friends and just try and be his friend... and if anythin goes above that, then great.. but just set your mind on bein his friend and maybe get a group (invite bob) and go hang out! that way it wont be weird and you can better get to know him without pressure.

Moxie 10-31-2008 10:21 AM

First, if the Diamond Dolls is something you'd like to do, do it for you. Not just because your crush is a baseball player. He may not be a crush forever, and then you'll be stuck with this commitment, make sense?

I would simply say to the other girls "I'd like to be paired up with Bob, we're already kind of friends, and I'm kinda shy." Or something like that. Chances are you're going to get a little razzle because you asked for him specifically, but ... Eh, just shrug it off hun. It's high school.

Also, I'd just start talking to him more ... Find out what he likes, if it's something that you like, or are interested in learning more of, emphasize on that.

You: "Hey, do you like pizza?"
Him: "Yea"
You: "Cool, so do I"
You: "Whats your favorite topping"
Him: "Anchovies"
You: "Ewww... Your gross!"

You might find that he has the personality of a pet rock, and you need to move on.

Dumas'_Grrrl 10-31-2008 11:08 AM

Great advice Moxie!!!

katieandduke 11-01-2008 10:32 AM

thanks everyone. well i prayed about it and i am going to be a diamond doll this year and my player is bob! yay me! lol... but yeah i decided i would pick him cuz he is the only basbal player i like and i can stand and i really wanted to be in more groups.

My2Geldings 11-01-2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moxie (Post 178029)
First, if the Diamond Dolls is something you'd like to do, do it for you. Not just because your crush is a baseball player. He may not be a crush forever, and then you'll be stuck with this commitment, make sense?

I would simply say to the other girls "I'd like to be paired up with Bob, we're already kind of friends, and I'm kinda shy." Or something like that. Chances are you're going to get a little razzle because you asked for him specifically, but ... Eh, just shrug it off hun. It's high school.

Also, I'd just start talking to him more ... Find out what he likes, if it's something that you like, or are interested in learning more of, emphasize on that.

You: "Hey, do you like pizza?"
Him: "Yea"
You: "Cool, so do I"
You: "Whats your favorite topping"
Him: "Anchovies"
You: "Ewww... Your gross!"

You might find that he has the personality of a pet rock, and you need to move on.

Excellent advice :lol: I don't know that I could have done it any better.