The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (
-   Horse Talk (/horse-talk/)
-   -   whats this called ?? (

Shenee 04-04-2013 05:10 AM

whats this called ??
Hey just wondering if anyone knows what i would search on ebay if iím looking for like pictures too copy like how you put paper over the top of them and trace the outline ? but of like horses and stuff? really would appreciate it if someone can tell me iím stuck and stressed! :shock:

thanks :D

Palomine 04-04-2013 11:36 AM

Why are you buying them when can get them by googling "pictures of horses" or going to breed associations and print off at home?

There are also plenty of magazines that have good pictures?

However will warn you if you are going to be wanting to sell any of your work? That is intellectual property theft, and need to be done from your own pictures.

And instead of tracing, learn to graph pictures.

Shenee 04-06-2013 11:40 PM

oh no i wouldnt be selling them.. whats graph pictures ?

DraftyAiresMum 04-06-2013 11:44 PM

Graphing pictures involves drawing a grid over the picture to be copied and then drawing a similar grid on a blank sheet of paper, then copying each grid from the original to the blank. Not sure if that made makes sense in my head!
Posted via Mobile Device

Shenee 04-06-2013 11:47 PM

lol ok thank you yeh it made perfect sence. dont worry i have days like that when stuff makes sence in my head but when it comes out ppl are like huhhh? like i just spoke jibberish or sommethin lol

thank you

DraftyAiresMum 04-06-2013 11:49 PM

No worries. :-) My brother is an amazing artist. My stick people, on the other hand, commit suicide because they look so awful. :-P
Posted via Mobile Device

Iseul 04-07-2013 12:07 AM

You're thinking about onion skin/tracing paper. Relatively cheap at any art/craft store.

I learned how to draw using the stuff, my pap would always buy it for me. After I felt comfortable drawing said thing by tracing, I'd then try to free-hand it by looking instead of tracing.

I do agree though that tracing and then selling is illegal though. If I want to do something with a photo I took and want it exactly the same I'll hop on photoshop on the computer and trace it, print it, and hold the printed sketch up to a window/light board with my drawing paper and lightly sketch over it again so I can start whatever it is without having to worry about any eraser marks on the outline/sketch/background. When I freehand for something I intend to do in charcoal, pastels, etc I'll sketch it on a piece of computer paper and go over it with a Sharpie and do the lightboard/window thing again in whatever media I'm using, ever so lightly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Shenee 04-07-2013 12:21 AM

lol my wanna be faces kill themself with shame!! lol cause they a bit lop sided and.. well have different sized eyes.. a nose that doesnt exist and well a mouth thats a bit.. retarted..

Palomine 04-07-2013 12:17 PM

What I do to graph, is get a folder like used for reports, that has sliding spine to place over clear plastic front and back.

I take ruler, and make grid of 1 inch squares on one of them. I also do one in 1/2 inch squares on the next one. So I have two graphs to lay over a photo, depending on how big a photo I am working with.

Then very lightly on canvas or drawing paper, I take ruler and make grid there, I will either do those the next size up, or even bigger than the grid on plastic I am using over photo.

I sketch outline of subject, again lightly. And by comparing grid over photo to the drawn grid, I can make sure placement and angles are correct.

Also helps you when you can look and see something isn't right, as you can check with photo grid and look at canvas.

And by making permanent set on the plastic, you can use over and over, photos aren't ruined either.

Country Woman 04-07-2013 12:39 PM

Just have fun learning about this

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome