The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Eating a likit. Have you? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/eating-likit-have-you-168410/)

Kendall 04-04-2013 10:27 AM

Eating a likit. Have you?

Has anyone actually licked a likit? Just to see what you're missing out on?? They're actually quite good xD
One of these Likit Treat Bar | Dover Saddlery

Evansk 04-04-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendall (Post 2125386)
Has anyone actually licked a likit? Just to see what you're missing out on?? They're actually quite good xD
One of these Likit Treat Bar | Dover Saddlery

I've tasted them but never actually ate one just a few licks to see what they taste like. The apple and cherry actually taste like them.. the Honey/Cham. one I couldnt taste anything... I usually just give my horses the large likit refills, and hang them for them to lick.

Kendall 04-04-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evansk (Post 2125514)
I've tasted them but never actually ate one just a few licks to see what they taste like. The apple and cherry actually taste like them.. the Honey/Cham. one I couldnt taste anything... I usually just give my horses the large likit refills, and hang them for them to lick.

Me to just a lick haha they don't taste bad!

wetrain17 04-04-2013 11:05 AM

Can't say I have, or even thought about it before. I only bought one once. My horse had it destroyed in gone in a single night.

LouieThePalomino 04-04-2013 11:19 AM

they look tasty lol. Has anyone ever tried a paddock cake? They look sooo good xD

Welcome to PADDOCK CAKES — Wholesome Horse Cookies with a Sweet Treat

Delfina 04-04-2013 11:39 AM

Heck NO!!

Especially since every last horse in the barn thinks Likits are disgusting. None of them will even touch one.

xxdanioo 04-04-2013 11:49 AM

The apple Likit I bought smells good.. my horse won't try it though. Maybe I'll have to take it from him ;)

Fulford15 04-04-2013 12:35 PM

When I was young I used to eat them... my best friend and I would take them and actually eat almost the whole thing. My mom would get so mad saying we were going to get sick, my reply? "If it's good enough for the horse, I can eat it"... amazingly we never got sick :lol:

Kayella 04-04-2013 12:39 PM

I've stolen a piece of Henny's likits before. I got the Likit treat bar and when they get here, there's little flakes of it on top in the package, which is what I take. The apple tastes good and the mint tastes like mint. :)

minstrel 04-04-2013 01:04 PM

I've eaten bits of the treat bars... my old horse loved the apple ones, but hated any other flavours. My new horse doesn't eat licks at all, just sniffs, maybe tries to bite it and then gives up.