The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   What Are You Thankful For? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/what-you-thankful-16862/)

Moxie 11-01-2008 02:36 PM

What Are You Thankful For?

Per a family tradition, I thought it would be nice for all of us to share with each other what we are thankful for. Just before we sit down for Thanksgiving dinner, my whole family gathers in a huge circle to share what we are most thankful for this year. I can never seem to fit everything in, in the small amount of time we are given, so I thought it would be cool to start this thread now, in anticipation for Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for:

My son – He loves me unconditionally, his innocents and curiosity is refreshing; he keeps me young at heart not to mention he keeps me on my toes.

My husband – He loves me with every fiber of his being and I in return. He is my best friend, my hero; my rock. He has given me every opportunity to better myself, and supports me in most decisions. He keeps me grounded and level headed; and he makes me smile and roll my eyes are the same time.

My triumphs and my hurdles – Everything that I have experienced in my life has made me the person that I am today.

The lord’s gift of life – The lord holds my life in his hands each and every minute of every day. Twice I was close to meeting my maker, but haven’t been called home yet. I am thankful for the time spent here with my loved ones.

My family and friends – Although my family and friends are a sorted bunch, I am thankful for the little bit of spice they add to my life. They have taught me much and I have taken in so much from them.

My sister’s college career – No one ever would have thought that she would have gone or will be going so far.

I am sure there is more, and I will add them as I think of them. Please feel free to share what you are thankful for here.

moomoo 11-01-2008 03:26 PM

Aww, how lovely :D

I am thankful for:
my wonderful pony (notice she comes first :lol: )
family
friends - new start at college :D
life itself

My2Geldings 11-01-2008 03:32 PM

Those different US and Canadian Holidays are confusing me :) we already had our thanksgiving :D

I am thankful for my family, friends.

I am thankful for my horses and my dog, whom had kept me together and going thru this last year, been a rough one.

I am thankful for the opportunity I have to meet people thru this forum and abroad, lkots of great and new frienships.

I am thankful for my job! I enjoy what I do and they have been very accomodating with my health and everything that has been going on.

I am thankful for our really good healthcare system!

FGRanch 11-01-2008 03:43 PM

M2G I'm sorry you've had such a rough year, but you'll get thru it! Your a strong woman! :D

I'm thankful for family, friends, my son and my horses.

TaMMa89 11-01-2008 05:50 PM

I'm thankful for:

My parents - they are wonderful people who have given so much to me. I can't remember any situation when they wouldn't have put my best before their best. I really appreciate it and love my parents. I know that I've a home where I can go if I feel bad or have problems.

My friends - I love anyone of them. They are amazing, kind, adorable people. We respect and support each others. If someone have a hard situation in her life she can be sure that there are a group of people back her.

My health - I've been health during my 18 (almost 19) living years. I've undergone only some normal viruses but nothing severe. I'm really thankful for this and hope that I'll be health in the future too.

My country - I'm happy that I was born in country where I have full human rights. I'm happy that our country is safe and everyone have an equal possibility to affect equal issues. I'm happy that we have a proper social welfare for those who can't provide themselves.

iridehorses 11-02-2008 07:25 AM

This is a nice idea Moxie, it alway helps me to focus on what is important.

I'm thankful for the gifts God gave me

I'm thankful for a loving, supportive wife and 3 great children (and 2 wonderful daughter-in-laws)

I'm thankful for my family and friends - a whole lifetime of them.

I'm thankful for being born in this country and all the freedoms it has to offer

I'm thankful for my health and that of my family

Everything I've accomplished and have yet to, each morning and every cross God gives me to make me stronger. I'm thankful

.... And to all of you who I've come to respect and enjoy in such a short time.

claireauriga 11-02-2008 08:19 AM

My friends, who make me endless cups of tea when I hurt my foot and can't walk on it.

The plumber, for fixing our loo.

Mum and Dad, who are just amazing.

The heater in my room, it's cold.

Moxie 11-07-2008 12:34 AM

Bump.......

Joshie 11-07-2008 01:00 AM

I'm thankful for my God and the family He's provided. I'm thankful that they're supportive. I'm thankful for disability insurance because I'm scared I may need to use it.

Jehanzeb 11-07-2008 04:04 AM

Firstly I am thankful of God (the most merciful and the most gracious) that he has sent me to this world in a family who loves me allot.

I am thankful for my dad that he supported me in every way of my life (from childhood to this day) even when I made huge mistakes and then demanded for things which he never objected.

I am thankful for my mum who always loved me and supported and stood by me (that is too from childhood to this day) whenever I failed my exams in school time (those times were great)

I am thankful for my sisters who always tried to save me from the evil claws of people (specially women)

I am thankful for my relatives who came to visit me on every special occasions.

I am thankful of my work colleagues specially Neil who always stood by me whenever directors tried to shout at me (he's the neutral one so whenever we argue (directors and me) he is the one who sorts everything out).

I am thankful of my friends (all of them) who always supported me throughout my academic and social life, specially when they all turned up to my birthday and we had to book whole Nandos just to fit all of them in.

Lastly I am thankful to all those whom I missed in my thanksgiving, those who helped me in any case, those who didn't know me but still helped me, those who without even seeing me helped me, those who without hearing me helped me, those who helped me when I was left behind and those who could not help me but remembered me in their good thoughts.

I think I covered all however if I have missed you, fit yourself in the last section of my thankfulness. :D.

Regards

Jehanzeb