The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Poll: What type of bit do you perfer ? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/poll-what-type-bit-do-you-168842/)

horsedreamer21 04-05-2013 12:25 AM

Poll: What type of bit do you perfer ?

What type of bit do you prefer and why ? Im interested to hear all opinions :)

equiniphile 04-05-2013 12:35 AM

Depends on the individual horse.

My eventer and foxhunter are both in Korsteel french link eggbutts. The eventer occasionally goes in a Pessoa gag (commonly called elevators) with the primary rein on the snaffle and a curb rein on the next ring.

My reiner is happiest in a medium-port, medium-shank correction bit.

My Arab colt likes a single-jointed loose ring.

My mom's Percheron (trail horse) is in a Myler Dee ring, single joint with lots of tongue relief.

My Paso Fino (trail horse) is in a Brenda Imus Easy-Gaited bit.

GamingGrrl 04-05-2013 01:08 AM

My favorite bit is a sweet iron jr cowhorse. My second favorite is a snaffle with copper rollers.
Posted via Mobile Device

LoveMyDrummerBoy 04-05-2013 01:10 AM

My AQHA gelding goes best in any kind of french link snaffle, and my Hanovarian gelding likes a copper mouthed, single joint eggbutt snaffle.

It just depends on the individual horse.

DraftyAiresMum 04-05-2013 01:22 AM

Eggbutt French link for arena work and (until we get our "whoa" better) a leather nosepiece Little S hackamore for trails.
Posted via Mobile Device

its lbs not miles 04-05-2013 10:51 AM

No bit.

mls 04-05-2013 10:54 AM

I like what my horse likes and is comfortable in and meets the needs of the situation.

Lexiie 04-05-2013 11:50 AM

I like the all copper mouthpiece french links.
My mare prefers loose rings over everything else, but I like the D rings.

NBEventer 04-05-2013 11:56 AM

My brat goes best in a french link full cheek. And recently discovered she HATES flash nosebands. I lost my flash so was riding her all winter without it and she was a dream. I put one on a few weeks ago and she has been a brat. So I took it off and she went back to being a doll. The funny thing is, I never adjusted it tight.

So yep my jumper/eventer likes just a simple full cheek french link and lightly adjusted noseband. Might be getting a kineton noseband for cross country. Still debating.

horsedreamer21 04-08-2013 02:11 AM

Thanks for your alls feedback ! It was nice hearing who likes what bit lol :)