The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Insatiable desire to........clean! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/insatiable-desire-clean-169210/)

Muppetgirl 04-05-2013 04:17 PM

Insatiable desire to........clean!

Ok.....females of the forum......I have to admit that every year, at this time, I cannot help but clean.....for the last three days I have been cleaning/tidying/sorting/burning and recycling.......this happens every year!!! I know the term 'spring clean' is touted around......but this seriously must have something to do with nature being hard wired into our brains! It's like the nesting and frantic cleaning a pregnant woman starts doing a coupe of weeks before delivery.......

I'm exhausted.......it really wasn't too bad to clean, as I'm pretty much a natural clean freak.....it's just the urge to clean EVERYTHING!

Is anyone else going through this? Do we need a support group......????:shock:

GamingGrrl 04-05-2013 04:22 PM

Yes! I've been going through a massive spring cleaning phase....but only for my horse stuff. My room needs cleaning, but I'd rather sort through my veterinary supplies and throw out the expired ones, clean and disinfect my brushes, and wash the trailer. :lol:
I like it though, I feel very productive! :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

wausuaw 04-05-2013 04:23 PM

You guys are welcome to come over whenever you wish. I do not suffer such, but I am more than willing to offer support to your habit if you desire. Just trying to help :)

Muppetgirl 04-05-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wausuaw (Post 2138378)
You guys are welcome to come over whenever you wish. I do not suffer such, but I am more than willing to offer support to your habit if you desire. Just trying to help :)

Aaaaahhhh you're an enabler.....:wink:

Muppetgirl 04-05-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamingGrrl (Post 2138354)
Yes! I've been going through a massive spring cleaning phase....but only for my horse stuff. My room needs cleaning, but I'd rather sort through my veterinary supplies and throw out the expired ones, clean and disinfect my brushes, and wash the trailer. :lol:
I like it though, I feel very productive! :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes I feel very productive too! But I really just want to stop worrying about it!!! :shock:

Poseidon 04-05-2013 04:26 PM

I love the feeling of having things all neat and clean. However..I'm also the person that walks in the door from school or work and throws my stuff on the floor before flopping on the couch or bed..then letting it pile up for a week or so. Suddenly "Holy crap..did I miss the tornado?"

Maple 04-05-2013 04:30 PM

Sure, some of you can go to wausuaw's and some can come here. I don't mind really... I will enable your obsession until my house is sparklin! How are you guys with paint brushes?? I need to paint my sitting room, kitchen, hall and playroom before next weekend as it is kiddie's bday party. Any takers???

NBEventer 04-05-2013 04:32 PM

Pfft its called nesting. You're knocked up! ANOTHER MUPPET BABY!! RUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

MHFoundation Quarters 04-05-2013 04:35 PM

I'll volunteer to be an enabler! House or barn, you can have your pick!

NBEventer 04-05-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHFoundation Quarters (Post 2138522)
I'll volunteer to be an enabler! House or barn, you can have your pick!

I call dibs on your barn. I am a freaking amazing barn cleaner and organizer. I am totally OCD about barn cleaning lol.