The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Memberships?!?!? (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/memberships-169338/)

KylieHuitema 04-05-2013 09:07 PM

Memberships?!?!?

So I am signing up for a trial next month. I am under 18 yrs old, so I need a "trainer" on the entry sheet. Does this "trainer" have to have the USEF and USEA membership also? Btw, this trainer is my mom. :lol:

RunningJumpingHorses 04-07-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KylieHuitema (Post 2140770)
So I am signing up for a trial next month. I am under 18 yrs old, so I need a "trainer" on the entry sheet. Does this "trainer" have to have the USEF and USEA membership also? Btw, this trainer is my mom. :lol:

I had the same problem. That I actually literally just solved not 5 minutes ago :D. I looked it p in the USEF Rule Book and it said nothing about having memberships anywhere. My first horse trial ever is also next month:lol:! If I may ask, what trial are you showing in?:-)

KylieHuitema 04-07-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningJumpingHorses (Post 2156569)
I had the same problem. That I actually literally just solved not 5 minutes ago :D. I looked it p in the USEF Rule Book and it said nothing about having memberships anywhere. My first horse trial ever is also next month:lol:! If I may ask, what trial are you showing in?:-)

It is a CANTER benefit in Michigan (: even though my entry will be late since we are getting coggins done the day the entries are due, plus I still have to get 3 memberships.

RunningJumpingHorses 04-07-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KylieHuitema (Post 2158185)
It is a CANTER benefit in Michigan (: even though my entry will be late since we are getting coggins done the day the entries are due, plus I still have to get 3 memberships.

Haha that's awesome! An if your entering BN you don't need any memberships to anywhere.
Posted via Mobile Device

KylieHuitema 04-07-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningJumpingHorses (Post 2159049)
Haha that's awesome! An if your entering BN you don't need any memberships to anywhere.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm doing BN for this one, but later in the summer i'm hoping to move up to novice so I kinda want them just in case

Strange 04-10-2013 12:11 PM

Your trainer doesn't have to have USEA/USEF memberships, as far as I know. If you're really not sure just call and ask, they'll be more than happy to answer any questions for you. :)