The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   What bathing supplies are the best? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/what-bathing-supplies-best-169729/)

ToLoveHorsesForever 04-06-2013 06:28 PM

What bathing supplies are the best?

This question has probably been asked before, but what are some of the better supplies for bathing horses? The only product I have ever seen been used is Head and Tails and that always seemed like the more generic supply. Are there others that are good?

Vidaloco 04-06-2013 06:53 PM

It's a bit pricey for the set up but I love the eZall applicator. Spray it on and rinse it off, you're done. I just started using the green last year and it works okay. I think the original is better for a good thorough cleaning. I think the green is more environmentally friendly though. It's around $30 +- for the beginner kit. Then I buy the shampoo by the gallon.
I do use Shapley's Hi Shine shampoo in the eZall applicator if I want more shine. It's the best. The eZall applicator is a must have though. You can use any shampoo in it, just dilute it. Shapley's makes good stuff all the way around.

Vidaloco 04-06-2013 07:03 PM

EQyss is one of the more expensive product lines I've seen. Not sure if it's good, never used it. Don't discount Mane and Tail, the conditioner works pretty good and for the $$ it's well worth it.

Palomine 04-06-2013 07:25 PM

Orvus works well, is great size container for money, lasts forever and to rinse I use water and then sponge on ACV in water and scrape off.

Dip tail in bucket of ACV/water as ACV cuts soap suds, and leave everything shiny.

Don't mess much with anything else.

michigancowgirl 05-11-2013 08:14 PM

I just buy regular human shampoo and conditioner and it works just fine:)

cakemom 05-11-2013 08:28 PM

Well I know this always seems off to people but we bathe in Tide, works awesome and never ever causes a skin issue. Then we run argon oil through her mane and tail and finger out and let her dry.
Posted via Mobile Device

BornToRun 05-11-2013 08:30 PM

Baby shampoo has never failed me!

Bagheera 05-12-2013 12:28 AM

I like plain old Suave shampoo and condition. My horse likes the lavender scent. He always wants to sniff the bottle. Lol

Sharpie 05-12-2013 01:09 AM

I use Mane and Tail. Never had an issue with it. That said, I only bathe my horse every month or three, so it's not like I use it a lot. The rest of the time it's a good curry and a stiff brush, or the hose if the horse is sweaty and hot.

I've used the Mane and Tail on myself and my dogs too when I was out of the normal stuff, always has seemed gentle and no one has ever reacted or had problems because of it.

GamingGrrl 05-12-2013 01:46 AM

I use either Mane & Tail or Absorbine Superpoo (and yes, the name does make me giggle every time) :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device