The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   What is the name of this bit? (

shellybean 04-06-2013 07:07 PM

What is the name of this bit?
I've been borrowing a bit from another boarder and I need to give it back soon (I've had it for 2, almost 3 weeks now), so I need to buy this bit for Apollo. No one knows the name of it and just referes to it as the "ball bit". I've asked numerous people and they all gave me the same answer. I've typed in all types of things in google and looked in numerous online tack stores (as well as local tack stores) and even asked the shop owners if they knew what bit it is and none of them knew what it is called, although they recognized what bit I was referring too...So hopefully you will be able to tell me what bit it is by its description.

It is a D-ring and it is 4 or 5 balls linked together (looks like knuckles kind of). It is not a chain, or have tiny links like others I've found online, but it has like actual balls linked together...I'll try to get a picture of it tomorrow when I go out.

I love this bit for him because it is not harsh and he is not able to take hold of it and pull me around. He really likes it and I noticed a huge difference in him when using this rather than his loose ring snaffle or d-ring snaffle with copper rollers.

Wallaby 04-06-2013 07:10 PM

SullysRider 04-06-2013 07:16 PM

Sounds like a waterford, I used to use one before I went back and corrected my horses training

Raven13 04-15-2013 05:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I realize this post is a couple weeks old, but I'm a brand new member (this is actually my first post ever) and while I was going through the different threads I ran across yours and have been dying to respond, I hadn't gotten permission to post until now :D so exciting. Anywho, I think I know what you're talking about... Is it this?

Raven13 04-15-2013 05:54 PM

:/ it seems like the link isn't working for some reason so just in case, its called a Pessoa SS Magic Rotating Copper Ball King Dee Bit. I've looked on line for them and it seems like they don't make them anymore. I can't find any D-rings but there are a few full cheeks with the same mouth piece for sale on ebay for around $45 (way cheaper than when they first came out, they were closer to $100 or even over if I remember correctly) Just type into ebay pessoa bit, you'll find it.

shellybean 04-15-2013 09:56 PM

I think its the waterford, but that bit you posted is awesome...since they're not super expensive I may buy one and try it out.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome