The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hobbies (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/)
-   -   My hobbies (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/my-hobbies-16991/)

Jehanzeb 11-04-2008 05:32 AM

My hobbies

Morning all, just saw this heading so thought I'd post my hobbies.

Well I don't have as much hobbies to be honest but generally I play computer games, do bit of gardening (Bonsai Lover - Chinese Elm), Car Rallying and recent hobby includes horse riding.

What are your hobbies?

Regards

Jehanzeb

highlander 11-04-2008 01:26 PM

ridng, rock climbing, cycling, walking, hiking, expedition training, rugby, weather watching (strangly enough), i love rock music, and spending time with my lad!

Jehanzeb 11-05-2008 04:38 AM

Wow highlander you have just given me my next hobby (Rock Climbing). That's it! Once I am tired of horse riding I am going to start Rock Climbing....Watch out I might be on the walls of some Scottish mountains ;-),

Regards

Jehanzeb

highlander 11-05-2008 06:26 AM

try the cliffs as well. or ice climbing, i've done other things in the past like parachuting, sky diving and learnt to fly(planes) with cadets.
But the love of my life is my horses so i do most of that around riley. lol

Jehanzeb 11-05-2008 06:36 AM

Wow! I have done sky diving that was really fun until we moved to Gloucester. Yeah cliffs would be good too, I am searching for a rock climbing school here in Gloucester as we speak! So lets see what I find.

english_rider144 11-05-2008 08:12 PM

I of course ride horses, hunt, fish, camp, sing, I love music and going on dates!

Barbarosa 11-09-2008 10:28 AM

Fly Fishing and fly tying.. from the Catskills, Outer banks of N.C. to the Keys, Texas oyster beds, Arkansas tail waters.... and yes even the flat lands of Kansas. Trout to Stripped Bass..
Mike it is a small world. I learned to fly-fish near Platz, My Father-in-law lived in Grahamsville N.Y. Great country and better people.. I loved rural NY. I never made it into the big city. I fished Livingston Manor, the Beaverkill, the Neversink, Willowemac, Roundout, Fishes Edie, and parts of the Delaware.
If you don't fly-fish now you should take it up, because you are in dry fly paradise.

whinum 11-17-2008 11:15 AM

I learned how to spin yarn with a drop spindle and a wheel too. I've been crocheting for quite a few years...I raise angora bunnies too for, well, angora! I've also tried raising silk worms, silk is very ver shiny and soft, fun to work with. I like anything small and detailed...paper quilling, puzzles, models, gardening, and of course messing around with horses.

whinum 11-17-2008 11:16 AM

Are you in the UK or Massachusetts?

TaMMa89 11-18-2008 06:05 AM

Just riding. Sometimes I also help the owner of the local riding school with her horses.