The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Ariat Quickdraw (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/ariat-quickdraw-170137/)

bossmare1j 04-07-2013 01:03 PM

Ariat Quickdraw

Just bought a new pair of boots--Ariat Quickdraw. Was not looking to buy . .but I tried them on and they were immediately comfortable! Anyway, being Ariat--the sizing is all over the place.
I have a pair of Ariat Showbaby U-Turns. They are a 6.5. These Quickdraws are a 7.5!! (and I think my lace ups are a 5.5!) omigod. So . . . they are super comfy right now. BUT, how much will they stretch??? I hate, hate, hate a boot/shoe that is too big. I'd rather go too small, lol.
Do you think I should try the 7's again? When I put them on, my foot immediately hurt--they were not too small, but, apparently, I have a long arch and small heel so the support hit in the wrong spots in the 7.
I think I have the right size, but you know . ..all that money, I'd hate to wear 'em outside and then decided I should have got the smaller size!
Also, the internet says your toes should be touching the front of the boot--my toes are not and the store owner says they should be where they are---like an inch or more from the front?

nvr2many 04-07-2013 01:11 PM

If your arch was not right in the 7's I would think that stretching would not fix that.

DraftyAiresMum 04-07-2013 01:12 PM

When I was boot shopping, I tried on the Quickdraws. I really liked them. More important than where your toe falls is how much slip you have in the heel. You should only have about a 1/4" of slip.

I actually ended up going with the Tombstones because I liked the color better (I was looking for turquoise/aqua stitching and the store I was at only had purple) and I ADORE them. I've had mine about a month and have worn them about a dozen times. I've even ridden in them (I usually ride in my Terrains). I've had zero stretching and I've even been conditioning them with Bickmore's Bick 4 leather conditioner after every wear.
Posted via Mobile Device

bossmare1j 04-07-2013 01:18 PM

Oh, the Tombstones are nice too! So, what do you think about where my toes are? So far from the front?

DraftyAiresMum 04-07-2013 01:20 PM

That's where mine were in the Quickdraws and where they are in the Tombstones. How much does your heel slip in them?
Posted via Mobile Device

bossmare1j 04-07-2013 01:27 PM

Oh good. There is not too much heel slippage. They don't feel tight at all though so that was another concern, lol. Not much pull required to get them on . .. Of course, there isn't much req'd with my U-turns either and they stay on just fine--though they are broken in . ..