The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Critique me and Bubba please

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  brittx6x6 
#1 ·
I was thinking about how i needed a critique on my riding because I'm trying out for this riding thing and I realized that I had not been on here in a long time so I decided to post my new horse Bubba Gump (bubba for short) and I on here. I need mostly a critique on me because I'm trying out for a young riders contest thing and I want to make it so go ahead and be tough. Thanks in advance

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
okay first, I'm HORRIBLE critiquing anything about jumping cause I don't do it....but I think your hand position is fine. Unless you are jumping extremely high, don't you want your hands to be a little above where the martingale would be? At least that's what I was taight

On the first picture it almost looks like you are laying on his neck

What breed is he? He's sooooo cute!

#5 ·
Thanks SonnyWimps! I love his color and he is a full blooded Appy for those of you wanting to know.

And for the hands half way up his neck, how much higher do my hands need to go up because i thought i was releasing enough, but I will try and release a bit more, because I was taught that you can't throw the reins away over the fence.

Thanks and please keep it coming

#6 ·
I am know expert but I think you guys look awesome!! The one thing that stood out most was in the 3rd picture your back is a little hollowed , the release in that picture doesn't look as far up as the other one so I am wondering if that is why your back looks like that.
Again you guys look very good together and keep up the good work!! Although you might want to start working on an auto release that might really wow the judges of the contest!! Good luck!!
Gen~

#8 ·
Thanks...I looked at that picture again and it makes me laugh because one of my hands is released but the other one which you see at first basically isnt ha ha ha...i wonder what i was doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.