The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Memorials (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/)
-   -   A Tribute to a horse that changed my life forever (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/tribute-horse-changed-my-life-forever-170185/)

Princess42 04-07-2013 03:06 PM

A Tribute to a horse that changed my life forever

My horse passed away last year in may, and this may sound stupid but even now after all this time I still expect him to be in the field waiting for me.
I bottle up the pain I feel from losing him, and sometimes I just breakdown in a corner curl up and cry. I do this because I don't like other people to know I'm upset so I wait until I'm alone and then I let it all out. I'm crying as I write this because simply thinking about his death makes me so sad.
He taught me so many things and didn't deserve to die at such a young age. Sometimes I look up at clouds and talk to him and it makes me feel better.
I still say goodnight to him every night without fail in the hope that one day I will see him again.

Here's a poem I wrote about losing him:
Mascara stained cheeks
Bright red eyes
Heart broken in two
Because I'm without you

Your up in the clouds
Looking down on the fields you used to roam
Now your gone it hard to move on
And as I look upon the memory's we shared
I'll love you and always care

So Sonny if you see this please don't feel so sad
Because ill be ok witch I'm sure you'll be glad
I miss you so much
It's hard to breathe
But please don't cry because ill make it through
It will always be hard
Here without YOU!

Goodbye Sonny
I love you with all my heart
Sweet dreams my angel
Love you
Goodbye for now
Ill be with you one day
Goodbye Sonny the best pony a girl could ever have
R.I.P Sonny D <3

Taffy Clayton 04-07-2013 03:43 PM

Very nice! Sorry for your loss. It hurts for a long time doesn't it?
Hope you have a happy day today!

Princess42 04-08-2013 05:51 AM

Hiya thanks, yes it does hurt for a very long time. Later I'll be going to see my horse I have now, he helps to stop the pain, although even he can't stop it completely
Thank you for replying and thank you for your heart warming and kinda words, means a lot
Princess42

texasgal 04-08-2013 08:28 AM

You are so blessed to have loved a horse so deeply ... and he was blessed to be loved by you.

My heart horse died in 1994 at age 31 and I still cry when I talk about it. Only horse people understand.

*hugs*

topcatben 04-08-2013 08:38 AM

Hey, you will always have the good memories of Sonny with you and remember him always. He wouldn't want you be upset and crying on your own isn't good, he probably meant a lot to others around you too, so share your grief and talk about the good things with Sonny. RIP

Princess42 04-10-2013 05:35 AM

Thank you for your lovely replys it means a lot, Sonny would be very grateful if he could see this now
Princess42
X